Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW Poll......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Leatherbelly

BT is very good, just need to check that your bills come in on time. Well done Prospect on setting up this poll, even if some people want to criticise your initiative ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

At last I got my final bill from Eircom, now finally on UTV wholesale rental. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Bond-007 wrote:
    At last I got my final bill from Eircom

I got a cheque for €45.45 from Eircom a couple of weeks ago as refund on the unused portion of my line rental when I switched to BT. That was even more enjoyable than getting my final bill :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Leatherbelly

Jesus wept! You need to frame that...bet there were tears in Eircon HQ when they had to sign and hand that over...

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

Based on the current poll results I have calculated the percentage of happy customers as follows:

%Happy
    Smart 66.7%
    Metro 60.0%
    NTL 89.2%
    Eircom 57.5%
    UTV 63.2%

Nearly 90% of NTL customers happy is very impressive. All the ADSL providers come in at arount 60% happy customers, with Eircom lowest at just 57.5% happy.

Why isn't IBB in the list? My guess is that their customers would be less happy.

But it's a nice poll, well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Mod edit of poll to add Esat.
    I'll see can i add IBB now aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

you forgot magnet btw ;)
    im on BT at the minute it was a good service but I'm switching to magnet for perhaps a better service :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Eircom 1024/128 and happy , yeah , I said happy , stop sniggering over there .

:( mods , they are all laughing at me ..

You see I am a gamer of the fps variety , and I find the eircom service to be stable and always on . Previously , I had UTV , and while cheaper , it broke my conkers ping wise .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Jakkass wrote:
    you forgot magnet btw ;)
    im on BT at the minute it was a good service but I'm switching to magnet for perhaps a better service :)

:eek:
    i'll add it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Thanks Micro,
    Tis more complete now.

Results are interesting, and may help newbie choose isp provider.

• Advertisement

Micro,

Can you include Imagine & Netsource?
    Also, can this be stickied?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

prospect wrote:
    Micro,

Can you include Imagine & Netsource?
    And might I be so bold as to suggest Digiweb be added too?

I have their satellite service, and am happy with it.
    There are limitations (dire lag, cost, 'fair access'), but I knew about them before I started.
    There's a fibre-optic cable as thick as your leg outside my house which I'm tempted to attack with a bit of wire, a penknife and a roll of insulating tape!

@ Rovi, sure, the more options the better, now that Micro can add extra fields.

I think it really highlights the fact that NTL seem to be out performing the other providers by a long shot.

If it becomes a sticky, I could do regular updates on percentages etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I'm not voting! :mad:
    There's no Atari Jaguar option! What were you thinking?!

"I'm not voting!
    There's no Atari Jaguar option! What were you thinking?!"

Oh yeah :o

prospect wrote:
    Seconded!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I'd love to hear from those 6 people that said that they are not happy with Smart's Broadband service.

I've got it and am more than happy with it since I ditched the Aolynx router provided by Smart

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭GarfieldConnoll

I'd love to hear from those 6 people that said that they are not happy with Smart's Broadband service.
    I've got it and am more than happy with it since I ditched the Aolynx router provided by Smart:D
    I'd be interested too. PM me.

Garfield.

Just 'bumping' this up to the top again to encourage another splurge of votes.

@ Garfield :- Any feedback?

I will do a summary of this poll when it hits 200 votes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I'd be interested in hearing from the people who are happy with IBB's service.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

BT and happy. Would switch to NTL if it was available in my area though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Shadoo

I've got it and am more than happy with it since I ditched the Aolynx router provided by Smart
    :D

Not sure about the 6 before me, but here's number 7's reason for voting un-happy smart customer.

On Monday afternoon, ADSL signal magically disappeared from the line and giving the ISP the benefit of doubt, I patiently waited until the evening to call the customer support line to enquire what’s going on. The tech support guy told me to test with Aolynk modem, without splitter, different socket, different cable and so on to eliminate changes in my end. With no ADSL signal still in sight, I was told that I’d have to wait until Tuesday since the after-6pm crew had no server access. I was told I’d get a callback on Tuesday to give an update on the issue.

Tuesday evening came with no callback so I decided to make the first move and call tech support again before 6pm this time so perhaps someone with server access could look at the issue. I was told the call had been escalated, but the person on tech support line couldn’t give me any more updates or expected time for further updates. I was told I’d be contacted on Wednesday.

Wednesday morning at around 11am I called the tech support line again to see if there were any updates. The call agent seemed annoyed I had called again and told me the call had been escalated any they could not provide me with any updates. He told me to call the faults line instead for updates. I called the faults line immediately and reached an agent that was surprised I had called them… He went to check with his colleagues and told me that someone who knew what the status was would contact me shortly.

Thursday, still no callbacks and I had given up. I didn’t call any line, since there seemed to be little point in doing so. I did got a call back Thursday afternoon from a representative telling me the call had been escalated and asked me to verify the symptoms of the problem to her once more. I asked for an update, but the person didn't know what was going on.

Friday afternoon, no callbacks or ADSL signal I called the fault line once more. The representative told me she could see no updates in the case files and told me that they might need to get an engineer to have a look at the exchange/line. I told her I was very worried if an engineer after 5 days of downtime and “escalation” had not already taken a look at the case. She said she’d look into this and call me back in 30 minutes… After an hour, still waiting with little expectations...

Sorry for the long winded message, hopefully it’ll give you more depth in understanding my "unhappiness" with Smart Telecom than simply stating: “Their technical/customer support agents are disconnected and do not know what the other hand is doing. There is no case ownership and the apparent lack of transparency in the system makes me wonder if anyone who can do something about the problem actually been contacted yet. Support call “escalation” seems to be used to push the ball to someone elses court who can’t be reached by the customer.”.

I can accept extended downtime and I can deal with having to call the ISP every day for updates. However, I cannot accept empthy callback promises and the lack of any kind of case status information from the folks who you can reach.

I firmly believe the only way to judge a service provider is to look at what happens when there’s a problem. Thus I’m worried how the Smart Telecom has acted in this case and what kind of service I can expect in the future. Thus at the moment -- I am not a happy customer.

//edit: so seems my mistake was to go to tech support line... contacted an admin on the support forum and 20mins after the problem was fixed. It's wonderful Smart have these methods of getting to the real admins, and scary how messed up their phone support line us :-). I'll give them the benefit of doubt however in their growth cycle and trust these issues are ironed out in time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Imagine, Netsource and Digiweb added...

Good Poll.

Chief.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

And Atari Jaguar :)

Chief--- wrote:
    Imagine, Netsource and Digiweb added...

Good Poll.

Chief.

Thanks for adding those chief.

I will give it another while with those options to see if I can come up with some sort of overview.

These percentages show the proportion of each provider's customers (who voted) who are Happy and Unhappy with the service.

The best (excluding 100% for Digiweb and Netsource, who only have 1 vote each) are:

NTL 92.1% Happy
    BT 88.6% Happy
    Smart 70.8% Happy

And the worst is:

IBB 58.8% Unhappy

The BT figure is very impressive given that they are just reselling the Eircom product - it seems that their customers are much more like to be happy than the other ADSL customers.

All the data:

I have SMART BB and am happy 17 70.8%
    I have SMART and am NOT happy 7 29.2%
    I have METRO BB and am happy 11 68.8%
    I have METRO and am NOT happy 5 31.3%
    I have NTL BB and am happy 58 92.1%
    I have NTL and am NOT happy 5 7.9%
    I have EIRCOM BB and am happy 42 64.6%
    I have EIRCOM and am NOT happy 23 35.4%
    I have UTV BB and am happy 17 63.0%
    I have UTV and am NOT happy 10 37.0%
    I have ESAT BT BB and am happy 31 88.6%
    I have ESAT BT BB and am NOT happy 4 11.4%
    I have IBB BB and am happy 14 41.2%
    I have IBB BB and am NOT happy 20 58.8%
    I have magnet BB and am happy 1 50.0%
    I have magnet BB and am NOT happy 1 50.0%
    I have Imagine BB and am happy 0 N/A
    I have Imagine BB and am NOT happy 0 N/A
    I have Digiweb BB and am happy 1 100.0%
    I have Digiweb BB and am NOT happy 0 0.0%
    I have Netsource BB and am happy 1 100.0%
    I have Netsource BB and am NOT happy 0 0.0%

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wookie

Voted for 'Happy with NTL' as I had BB with them before I moved house and the service was bang on.

It must be noted that God help you though if you need to ring them. Luckily once you are setup you should have no reason to ever talk to them again.

Now I wait probably in vain for them to arrive in D14. My back up plan of SMART isn't going anywhere either as the ballyboden exchange is not upgraded yet.

(sending this over a 3G card)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

What about ClearWire???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

where is ntl available? Or where can you find out where it is available? I checke d the website but it just gives a number where you can order it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement