Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW Poll......

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Another option should be added "I want BB but can't get it because I fail the line test".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Metro and happy so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Another option should be added "I want BB but can't get it because I fail the line test".
    YES !!!!!!! Or because I am not nor likely to be on an BB enabled exchange or wireless BB coverage area etc.

morgana wrote:
    YES !!!!!!! Or because I am not nor likely to be on an BB enabled exchange or wireless BB coverage area etc.
    That should also be added - just so we can see how many people are in that frustrating situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

capistrano wrote:
    The BT figure is very impressive given that they are just reselling the Eircom product...
    That's not true at all - if you do a traceroute you will find it's all going through Esat's own servers, and not touching Eircom's.

Saying they're the same because they have to go through Eircom's exchange is pointless as most other ADSL services go through Eircom lines too!

• Advertisement

That's not true at all - if you do a traceroute you will find it's all going through Esat's own servers, and not touching Eircom's.

Saying they're the same because they have to go through Eircom's exchange is pointless as most other ADSL services go through Eircom lines too!
    Most of EsatBT's customers are using Bitstream which is simply €ircon's reseller wholesale service. BT have no choice, they do use their own net servers - the line is still €ircon's and they still get paid :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Thread has probably died or else people arent looking at it because its sticky'd and up at the top.

"I want BB but can't get it because I fail the line test / exchange not enabled" option added.

Chief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

I want BB but can't get it because I fail the line test / exchange not enabled.
    LOL iam the only one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Clearwire? Not listed in the poll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Here are two charts showing the results after 300 voters.

Interestingly, IBB are the only provider with more unhappy customers than happy customers.
    Eircom faired surprisingly well.
    Imagine & metro have very few votes, so their results are not a good representation of their performance.

• Advertisement

Uploading of files is failing. (they are within the size limits) :confused:

Will try later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

great poll Prospect!

it's a lot more informative for a new broadband customer than the reams of ****e
    being spun by the various providers...I've forwarded the link to several people thinking of getting connected...

cheers,

mossie

Thanks Mossie,

The charts I am trying to upload make it even clearer, If i can get the flipping things online...

MarketShare.jpg

HappyVsUnHappy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I've been getting nothing but excueses of eircom for months and I'm getting very ticked off with there run around while there bringing broad band to all the islands around the country and leaving leaving so many people on the mainland behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

What about clearwire?

from the Pole Ntl is doing quite well.... If only they where available in my area :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I have IBB and Magnet and am happy with both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

New poll now active here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement