Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Metal & Rock Show on Dublin's Anna Livia 103.2

• 06-10-2005 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Tonight Sees The Debut Of A Brand New Metal Show On
    Dublin City Anna Livia Fm 103.2

From Midnight To 2 Am Tune In For The Best In Metal And Hard Rock Music On Dublins No.1 Special Interest Station.

Text Mick Now On 086 177 1732 For All Your Requests!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

at last, Ireland has a rock station (sort of) pity it's on so late tho.

by metal what do you mean exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

yeah and it sucks that it is not being broadcast o the rest of Ireland I wont be able to listen to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Its after the watershed - so I assume Slayer's OK :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

would be able to listen if it was at a more sociable hour. maybe friday nights of whatever (if it's on)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Hey man congrats on da show, please play some LA Guns
    www.laguns.net cause i think they're excellent, pref something from their new album or 'Waking the Dead' if you have anything from either of those. cheers mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

On the topic of metal radio shows, does anyone know good sources for online metal radio??
    The best thing I found were a few metal stations (death, black, metalcore etc...) through Winamp but unfortunatly they only have playback at 14kbps, effectively making it impossible to listen to. Especially old school black metal with the dodgy production

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Well - start with the Radio 1 Rock Show and Bruce Dickinson Rock Show on BBC - and I found a rather good station on Shoutcast, called "Radio that doesn't suck" - its not amazing but its quite listenable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

try AOL radio, they've got good stuff, and the radio stations on iTunes also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

That's right folks. It does exactly what it says on the tin!!

Myself and a mate will be presenting a new metal show on Dublin's Anna Livia 103.2 every Thursday night from 12 midnight until 2am.

We'll be playing the best metal & rock out there. Everything from Death, Thrash, Black, Power, Doom, Rock and Instrumental.

We really want to make this an Irish show in every respect, so we want as many Irish bands as possible to send us in their demo or album or whatever(cd format please). If the likes of Emerald, Sentinal and any other metal Enterprise wants to get in touch we will devote a certain amount of time to your news every week, be it upcoming gigs or future releases or whatever. We'll also have interviews with Irish metal and rock artists, competitions and much more.

So if any labels, enterprises, bands or anyone else wants an address to send info to you can pm myself, Dave or email me dbgibson@gmail.com or Dan dan.mcsorley@gmail.com and we'll sort it out.

I know Mick has already posted this but myself and Dan are the people to contact if you want your material played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭DOD Crew

at last, Ireland has a rock station (sort of) pity it's on so late tho.

There are two other metal shows already running in Dublin.

One on Near FM on Saturday nights [HTML]www.nearfm.ie[/HTML]

and one on Radio Na Life on Sunday Nights [HTML]http://homepages.iol.ie/~rnl102/[/HTML]

Both broadcast on the web also.

Also Radio Miotal [HTML]www.miotal.com [/HTML] is an Irish online Metal station.

International ones that are good -

[HTML]http://www.spraydio.com/web/krakow/room.jsp[/HTML]

[HTML]www.snakenet.com[/HTML]

[HTML]www.hardradio.com[/HTML]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

I've listened in to the Radio Na Life one and it's pretty cool. Muiris plays some good stuff.

If anyone has any requests they can leave them here and we'll try and get to them on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Play some Sick of it all and Agnostic Front. play some hardcore lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

o man htat sucks that you are only availible in dublin>Any chance you will be going nationwide?Does anyone know of any metal shows that are aired nationwide,maybe through ntl cause i quite sure there arent any over terestrial stations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

dib wrote:
    We really want to make this an Irish show in every respect, so we want as many Irish bands as possible to send us in their demo or album or whatever(cd format please).
    Carnun Rising (Black Metal) and Mourning Beloveth (Doom Metal) are 2 awsome irish metal bands both from Cork, which you should try playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

i dont sleep early, i shall give a listen!

Advertisement