Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

law and european studies

• 12-10-2005 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

can someone please tell me what this course is like from your own personal experience??? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Punchesnpeaches

I really enjoy my course, esp the law aspect, but he language is really tough, but that is mainly because I am really really bad at languages. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

I like it anyway, it's fairly broad which is a good thing in some ways in that you get to keep your options open, but that has its own drawbacks too in that I'm in 4th year now and haven't a clue what I wanna be when I grow up cos I'm not to keen on the law part of it, I find it can be fairly boring and alot of the law stuff we study seems to be tracing the development of the law rather than learning how to apply it in real life. Also most of the law modules I did were 100% end of term assessments and I've found them to be fairly tough, I'd much rather project based tests rather than regurgitating whatever I can remember and having my hand nearly fall off from writing during the exams. In terms of the lecturers themselves some are excellent and some aren't - that, for me, has a huge impact on how much I get out of a subject. I'm doing French, Politics and TEFL as my "European Studies" type subjects and enjoy them. I found I definitely had to make an effort with the language in first year but I went away on Erasmus in France last year and that was a great help.

Are you in Law and Euro or have you not decided yet what course you want to do? I would say that if you wanna do a fairly broad course that'll give you a law degree at the end of it choose this one but if you reckon you're dead certain that you wanna practice law maybe do a pure law degree as the European Studies elective modules can be a bit of a distraction I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i'm in 6th year and just trying to keep my options open! i wanna do straight law but also keep my language on! i'm going to the open day on tues so i guess i'll get a bit more insight into the course then! thanks for ur help

Advertisement