Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick Question

• 12-10-2005 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My girlfreind is fantastic I am absolutely and totally in love with her but, ah there is always a but, I suppose that is why I am posting.
    I have a pet hate and it is people not replying to text messages.
    I mean I am not totally obsessed about it. But when you text someone and they don't reply until you contact them again(over four hours later) especially when you are in love with each other is it alright to be pissed off with the other person.

Bear in mind that I know she does this all the time to everyone, but she knows this seriously gets on my nerves is it a lot to ask for them to compromise for you.

First of all I would like to know your opinion? and secondly if you have had this happen to you before?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

if that's the only thing to bother you, then you have little to worry about.

stop texting her
    call instead
    solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

is it a lot to ask for you to compromise for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dublinhottie

If she does this to everyone then don't worry about it, some people just don't like texting just ring her instead. Believe me I have had it too - read my post a few pages back - I sorted things out.

Anyway its only a few hours if something is that urgent just call her, just because she doesn't answer your text doesn't mean she loves you any less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

an i think you should dump her to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Les_Paul

have to say that sort of bugs me not that much but is annoying at times when u texting back and forward really fast then a big pause in replies bugs me

other than that u have nothing else bad to day ?

u should be a happy man as alot of people have worse pet hates

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I do it all the time, my phone is in my bag here at work and when I am busy it is not a priority, I often get home to be asked by the other half if I received the text only to hold up the phone and say err you mean this unopened one, or these unopened three, I told her the story and she understands, it is not a priority when I am at work, problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭savoyard

Not everyone uses their phone all the time. I can go by 24 hours without looking at my phone and I won't hear a text if the phone is buried in my bag.

It's pretty unreasonable to expect your girlfriend to be continually checking her phone for texts from you all day :) Give her a call if it is important!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Some people are into texting constantly, for no particular purpose. Some aren't.

Could be she just doesnt feel like texting unless she has something useful to text. In fact, feeling she has to promptly reply to nothing texts all the time could be HER pet hate.

Some people can't stand texts. My BF can't. I text him and most of the time he won't reply.

Be careful with texts.

1. They can be interpreted differently than you intended.
    2. A text conversation costs more than a quick phone call.

If your GF doesn't reply then compromise!! I still text my boyfriend, if I want to say something quick (no reply required), but other than that I call him.

Compromise .. and certainly .. don't get pissed off with her!! If she didn't like Tuna would you get pissed off with her. Thats what loving someone is about - coming to understand them.

BTW - if thats the only thing you have to worry about in your relationship .. then be happy FFS. Thats really petty! Your not her ruler .. "Thou must answer my text in .. 1 minute".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

get over it pal. some people (myself included) are just plain sloppy at replying to texts.
    just be thankful she texts you back eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

OP I know exactly what you mean, it drives me mad too, when you text someone and they just don't reply, have a few friends like this, whenever you text them I cant help but think, why bother since I know my chances of getting a reply are slim. I know I'm a big texter and I rely on my phone way too much, its almost like my right arm, but what the hell I'm not gonna change.

In all fairness if you send a text to someone asking a question then its only common decency to text that person back, I don't mind so much about not replying to texts that aren't asking you anything in particular!! I often do that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭annR

It depends on the text. Is it like "What do you want for dinner" or is it one of those text conversations that go back and forth. Some people just aren't in to that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

dump her :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Thus is the nature of text message, it's relaxed and while texts deliver quickly, it's a slow leisurely form of communication. If you want instant answers; as people have suggested, ring her.

email her.

Hi thanks for the feedback, I know that it is not a really big deal its just something that gets under my skin.

Duckjob is right it is probably is one of her pet hates she thinks forever about the right way to reply to a message.

I just think that it is the little things that matter and that is something that maybe means a lot to me.

Gonna have to chill me thinks

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I fail to see what ranks this as a "personal issue".

It is annoying to be ignored though.

Especially when you crave attention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

just ring her in future, im a textin person but i my my friends that i no r callin peeople

Advertisement