Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackhammer !

Options
  • 12-10-2005 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

After hearing nothing good about this unlock I decided to try it out last night (well the G3 never appealed to me and I dont play medic that often, the rest I've got thanks to 1.03).

Its a damn fine close quarter tool. I do a lot of tank/apc whoring on non-urban maps and its a godsend when you see that spec-ops approach but cant swing the turret around in time. Much better than the DAO, Just point the Jack at their feet and by the time the recoil leads it to their head, bye-bye :-)

Worth a look if you like the "run and gun" style.

While I'm here, anyone else thing that a tanks ability to blow up mines is a bit cack ?. fine for the swamp levels where they can be hidden easily, but on Karkand/Mashtur it makes then fairly useless.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Haket wrote:
    While I'm here, anyone else thing that a tanks ability to blow up mines is a bit cack ?. fine for the swamp levels where they can be hidden easily, but on Karkand/Mashtur it makes then fairly useless.

Well what do you think would happen if a tank shot a mine outside od BF2? The more realistic the better, .... tbh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Perhaps you should be able to slightly obscure mines in the ground?
    Dig a hole or somesuch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

aye some chap runs acress with a shovel...HURRY A TANKS COMING..DIG DIG :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

Exactly you make them invisible to the enemy or at least camo'd. I cant see a real-life engy just dropping them on the street !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Anyone played the Galactic conquest mod for BF1942, think was sumfin like scout class had a camoflage thingy like a wee small tent that could place somewhere, thing was that the hump was prity obvious close up. If had sumfin similar on BF2,although a lot smaller till cover mines would be a idea :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

perhaps something like the longer you set them, the more cammo'd they are?
    that would be good

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Meh. Best craic: drop a mine, and then lie on it. Jeeps/tanks will then try to run you over , and they usually hit the mine. Esp good if the jeep is loaded full of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

the_syco wrote:
    Meh. Best craic: drop a mine, and then lie on it. Jeeps/tanks will then try to run you over , and they usually hit the mine. Esp good if the jeep is loaded full of people.
    err dont you die too then?
    Not exactly overflowing with skill and tactics is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

phhht, skill and tactics :rolleyes: , ever hear the term, if im goin down im takin you with me :D

only messin, but i do things like that if I no its a no hoper situation, dont know if id plan a kill by lying on a mine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

One man versus a tank. Running or shooting won't do any good. Lying down and hoping the stupid bugger runs you over will tho. It'll be revenge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

i to do the same with the claymores, its funny getting an enemy to think you are reloading and run at you while you are secretely putting down claymores :D

Advertisement