Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

307 Cc

Options
  • 12-10-2005 4:04pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Thinking about buying a 307CC ex demo model anybody have any thoughts on the car or anything I need to look out for.

Thanks,
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

They seem very breakable to me! The whole front is plastic, bits seem to fall off all over the place and the convertible has serious issues with chassis strength. If I was you I'd buy a 3 series BMW or something with better build quality. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It looks great imho. Your wife / fiancee / girlfriend will be delighted with her new car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I would think of bit's breaking and the mechanical end too. Anyone I know with a Peugot has had problems with them, and not small one's either...Looks cool though but I learned a long time ago not too buy a car with your "Little Head" if you know what I mean!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I'd take a look at the Renault Megane instead.............nicer looking car IMO !

But as the lads point out, you could buy a 3 series oir an older CLK cab. for that money and suffer less depreciation !

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

thanks for the replys lads, I dont like the renualt so that is out of the question and the bmw 3 series is so boring though I was looking at a 00 M3 convertiable which was lovely. Oh an Mercs I have a strange pet hate for. Ummmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Take criticisms of Peugeot build quality with a bit of salt.

Truth be told, the 307 at the start of it's life had some electrical problems. These have for the most part been sorted out.

As for bits falling off? the posters may have some experience with this for a car they "heard of", or whatever. You'll find that this won't be representative of Peugeot cars as a whole.

They'll be pretty bomb proof and won't fall apart. I've driven Peugeot's for a long time and have had good experiences with them.

As for the 307 CC. If you like it, go for it. As with all convertibles and indeed, all cars, things can go wrong. You'll get a Peugeot warranty with the car. Keep it up to date and keep it valid just in case. You should have no problems.

Just my 2 cents.

thanks Alan you talk sense me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Apart from the fact that the 307CC is hideously ugly the ride is slightly softer than the 206CC but still a bit too stiff for Irish roads, which makes the whole inside rattle a lot... and as already said its very plasticy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

I had a 206 CC 2.0 at one time. Ride was hard but not too hard. 307's is much nicer. But in the 206 with the roof down, the body flex made the ride seem more supple which I liked a lot. Didn't affect handling a whole lot.

I had a few squeaks with the roof up, but that was sorted by applying silicone spray to the rubber seals in the roof. Apart from that, nothing rattled. It was a well put together car.

now i could certainly not call the 307cc ugly but than again its all about taste i suppose and with the roof down it really is a looker oh and I can get a 30% off the retail price (dont ask) so maybe a bit of a bargin

• Advertisement

Well definitely a bargain at that ! Go for it !

Like you said its all about taste/choice !

We had a 206 for a while but didn't like it. However I drove a 307 for a while as we considered changing to one, it was a rental. I thought it was a good car. More solid and much better quality than a 206 !

They are like chalk and cheese so you can ignore any 206 based comments !

Certainly its a nice looking car, and the metal roof give all that added security too, which no softops can provide !

Are you buying for now (05)...............ahh yes you said it was a demo ! Go for it and enjoy the last few bright days this year...............I've just been out for a lunchtime spin, top down............................Ray Bans.............Small Faces................what more could you ask for !! :cool:

mercmad what u driving, going to buy in Jan a demo model 06 plate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Just a follow up there to what AlanD was saying, I've fixed at least four of these Peugeot 307's (one was a convertibie) and the build quality is terrible! Peugeot's cure all for rattles is a bag of foam packing, (a genuine part by all accounts) and you pack this into any area a rattle comes from, and I 'm not joking. Why do you think your getting such a discount? I personally think you'd get better value for your money with something better built. Think of the loss you'll take with the Peugeot over the next few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 divermike

oi! - I have a 307cc (found this site through a Google search) and it's a fantastic car! - If you haven't driven one, then don't stereotype it (don't get a demo earlier than 05 April face lift because Peugeot have since increased their quality).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

TCP/IP wrote:
    thanks for the replys lads, I dont like the renualt so that is out of the question and the bmw 3 series is so boring though I was looking at a 00 M3 convertiable which was lovely. Oh an Mercs I have a strange pet hate for. Ummmm
    5yo M3 or a Peugeot 307CC.....eh no contest! Give me the beemer anyday (provided you can service the running costs that is)

TCP/IP wrote:
    Hi there,

Thinking about buying a 307CC ex demo model anybody have any thoughts on the car or anything I need to look out for.

Thanks,
    TCP/IP

Ok:-

1. Operate the roof several times at the dealer, obviously you want to be certain that this is operational.

2. Heard complaints about window and seals where the roof meets the windscreen - I haven't had any problems myself but other have.

3. Join www.PEUGEOT-CC.com for other aspects because I can't navigate round this forum! - we only have the 11 smileys?! :eek:

thanks for the replies lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

there is something not straight about this car.

what is that supposed to mean ratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Ratchet wrote:
    there is something not straight about this car.

ROFL :D

Nice looking though it is. Several yummy mummies in my estate have one and they look cool...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

unkel wrote:
    ROFL :D

Nice looking though it is. Several yummy mummies in my estate have one and they look cool...

agree there, lots of mummies and few
    husbands which couldn't start own car .

much bigger and better looking then girly 206 but still somehow not very masculine.

:)

Once you step inside it's either for a powerful Woman, or a strong Man - if you've never been in one don't prejudice it! - Can you tell that I own one?! :rolleyes:

divermike wrote:
    Once you step inside it's either for a powerful Woman, or a strong Man - if you've never been in one don't prejudice it! - Can you tell that I own one?! :rolleyes:

..............yes you can !

Tell me............................why do they call you Diver ? Mike ?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I've driven the 1.6 and 2.0 and was very impressed with it, but I like Peugeots anyway. I've never seen or heard of "bits falling off" and anyway you'll have your warranty should something happen.
    Do you know they're facelifting the 307 range, so you'd want to check out if yours will be post or pre facelift.

MercMad wrote:
    ..............yes you can !

Tell me............................why do they call you Diver ? Mike ?? :p

No, I call myself Divermike.. user name "Mike" had already gone and seeing as I'm a divemaster for PADI I combined the two together to get the result:-
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I assume you realise I was only jesting ?

Anyway was does "PADI I" mean ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

pay alot, dive immediately :D

Professional Association of Diving Instructors

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

MercMad wrote:
    I'd take a look at the Renault Megane instead.............nicer looking car IMO !

I have a megane coupe - not a bad car ... but there are faults with coils in Renault cars .. and also the starter motors.

306cc .. fine looking car indeed .. was only eye-ing one myself the other day.
    Much nicer looking than the new Megane and the 206cc .. looks a little more solid.

New Opel Tigra .. initially thought they looked nice .. but someone parked one in our carpark the other day and there is a LOT of plastic. You know the difference between shiny chrome and shiny plastic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

The Tigra looks like a bad cover version of a sports car.

Advertisement