Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kudos!

• 14-09-2001 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Well done to whoever put up this page. A simple gesture it may be, but praise is deserved all the same.

Fair play to ya, - although I've feck-all money, I've made sure to contribute to the American Red Cross.

Kudos!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I think I'll donate something (They take CC's)

helping.org seems to direct you specifically to the disaster areas. As a resident of both Washington DC & NYC over a combined 4 years, I feel its almost a duty to help out. feel both cities played significant parts in moulding me into the person I am.

The banner etc: Its a very apt & appropriate action.
    I was thinking of proposing something along the lines of a few minutes shutdown- where nothing could be posted. Possibly we could do that sometime:confused:

Thx Lads for pointing us in the direction of such worthy causes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Donate money ? Hello ?

I'm really trying not to sound ignorant when I say this but HELLO ?

America spent over $30billion on their ABM system last year alone.

Bush dips into the Social Welfare fund for his own business contrary to what he campaigned for and you guys want to give them money ?

If you really want to do some good then give it to the Kurds or possibly to Bosnia or I don't know, maybe any other country that actually needs it, like one or two countries in Africa :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Fidelis
    Donate money ? Hello ?

I'm really trying not to sound ignorant when I say this but HELLO ?

Er... hi! :cool:

America spent over $30billion on their ABM system last year alone.

Bush dips into the Social Welfare fund for his own business contrary to what he campaigned for and you guys want to give them money ?

Yes, I do. Why do you have a problem with that?

If you really want to do some good then give it to the Kurds or possibly to Bosnia or I don't know, maybe any other country that actually needs it, like one or two countries in Africa :rolleyes:

It may sound selfish but I don't know any Kurds, Bosnians or Africans whereas I DO know people who were strongly affected by this tragedy - and know them well, so damn right I contributed.

It's not America's problem, it's humanity's problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

what bard said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Fidelis:

Nobody is denying the amount of money the US blows every year on defence & other federal items. I am totally anti-Bush and dont agree w/ his bactracking either.

Also nobody is denying that there is great suffering elsewhere in the world, somewhat antagonised by the actions of the US itself, for instance in Iraq.

BUT...Its called having a social conscience.

As Bard pointed out, most of us have strong links w/ NYC or DC and feel obliged to help in whatever we can. Digging through the rubble looking for survivors is not an option- so the next best thing is to help those ppl who are digging- or the ppl co-ordinating this or helping families etc. While other better, more worthwhile causes exist, it doesn't mean we should ignore human suffering on the basis of nationality or country of residence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement