Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

best programs for converting selected dvd scenes to avi?

• 12-10-2005 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

i need to do this for a college project and have never done it before...i want to take footage of certain fight scenes of the matrix and convert them to avi format, and then import that into imageready so as i can monitor the movements of the characters frame by frame...
    I'd rather not have to convert the whole DVD to avi as it could take a while? Also i'd prefer a free version of a trial version as im not lookin to invest much :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Assuming you're not copying or using it in a film, and that it's for Educational use, DVD Decryptor will allow you to convert a chapter... it may take you a while to find the one you want, and it's a bit oddly laid out. There's probably better software out there.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

zepplin wrote:
    i need to do this for a college project and have never done it before...i want to take footage of certain fight scenes of the matrix and convert them to avi format, and then import that into imageready so as i can monitor the movements of the characters frame by frame...
    I'd rather not have to convert the whole DVD to avi as it could take a while? Also i'd prefer a free version of a trial version as im not lookin to invest much :(

Er for what end. Won't a domestic dvd player with a shuttle fwd a frame do the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 zepplin

mycroft wrote:
    Er for what end. Won't a domestic dvd player with a shuttle fwd a frame do the same

To study and edit a fight scene frame by frame in imageready. I will be trying to create an initial form from the various movements, and then placing that form in a simulated environment where it will evolve into a complex 3d form.... just a load of balls architecture project :(

Advertisement