Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 12-10-2005 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭

as i am computer illiterate can someone help me,i want to use the manchester utd crest as my avatar but i have not got a clue what to do and how to do it.please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I'm not sure if the manchester united crest is available as an avatar by default, but to choose an avatar you go to your usercp (link is at the top left of every page), then go to edit avatar (link is about halfway down the left hand side of the usercp). Then it's simply a matter of choosing an avatar and clicking apply or something similar.

You will have to search for something you like, and if the Manchester Utd crest is not available you will only be able to get it if you subscribe to boards.ie as you would only be able to get it then as a custom avatar, and only subscribers are allowed custom avatars.

I'm tired and my sentences are long rambling beasts of things, so perhaps someone can explain with the clarity needed, hope this helps for now though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i paid my 50 bucks earlier today, and the avatars they have on the user cp are not so great you know what i mean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Under User Settings,go to Group Memberships and change your status from 'Registered User' to 'Subscriber'. Then go to edit avatar and at the bottom you can have a custom av. As you have to upload an avatar you need to find a Man Utd one small enough. I'll try find one for you now.

okay nice one, in your usercp the link near the bottom of the left hand panel titled "Group Memberships", go in there and select "Identify me as a member of this group" in the subscribers row, then click update.

Now if you go back to the avatars section it should be possible for you to upload your own avatar.

Please bear in mind however, that it must be 32pixels wide and 32pixels high or less...

Sweet wrote:
    Clear and Concise help...
    sweet saves the day \0/!

I'm far too tired to write that concisely now...

• Advertisement

Here's one small enough Man UtdThere you go!

Sorry to use that, right-click the link and press 'Properties' then highlight the link, right-click it and press 'Paste'.
    Then go to edit avatar, go down to upload avatar and right-click it and press copy.
    Then select OK and it's done

Now you can't call that anything but five star service, county. +2 imaginary karma for sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

thanks a lot lads

I feel enlightened from here! Hey county you can also change your title by going to Edit Profile and enter whatever you want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement