Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia 3341, Public IP via DHCP

• 12-10-2005 5:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to config a 3341 (firmware 7.4.2 R2) so that it logins itself via PPPoE and then gives the public IP via DHCP to a firewall behind it ?

I have a device which doesn't support PPPoE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

skearon wrote:
    Is it possible to config a 3341 (firmware 7.4.2 R2) so that it logins itself via PPPoE and then gives the public IP via DHCP to a firewall behind it ?

I have a device which doesn't support PPPoE

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

Go into the Expert Settings on the modem and enable IP Passthrough. That may do what you need it to do. The NIC on the system that you choose will have a public IP address.

helios wrote:
    Go into the Expert Settings on the modem and enable IP Passthrough. That may do what you need it to do. The NIC on the system that you choose will have a public IP address.

Thanks, I did see that option however I dont have a static IP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

I don't have a static IP either, so the IP of the interface will change if your Eircom IP changes.

helios wrote:
    I don't have a static IP either, so the IP of the interface will change if your Eircom IP changes.

True, thats why I wanted the Netopia to present the WAN address via DHCP to the firewall behind it

• Advertisement
Advertisement