Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

psp ucd help

• 12-10-2005 6:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

hey, i've been trying to set my psp on the wireless network for ages now, all i can seem to manage when i put the address settings on easy is opening the ucd homepage, nothing else. has anyone manage to get their psp to work with the wireless in ucd? anyone got any help? thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

could be that ucd doesn't have wireless encryptionon its homes page/site (intranet) but does on other site (internet)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

jcoote wrote:
    could be that ucd doesn't have wireless encryptionon its homes page/site (intranet) but does on other site (internet)
    Dude that really... really doesn't make any sense at all. I've seen a few threads lately with you offering 'advice' to people but you really don't seem to know what you're talking about at all when it comes to technology. Now I don't know how UCD's network is layed out but I'm guessing it has something to do with them redirecting all port 80 requests back to the UCD homepage, as it does with a local WiFi access point in my local library. Are you sure there's no button on the UCD page to click on that'll free up the network? In the local library it's something like 'Welcome to the SDCC free Wireless network *Legal Disclaimer* and then click here to continue' and by clicking the rest of the network, everything including port 80 is opened up to allow traffic, but if this button is not clicked you're just restricted to the County Counsil's homepage and nothing else, not even messenger or anything will work as before you click the button, all other ports are blocked.

achilles thats how the network in my job is setup so i gave that advice because in my experience that is what happens with a large wireless network and a psp!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Im with Achilles, what you said makes no sense whatsoever.

u have your own internal website for employees/students on the intranet...which is available to all wireless and otherwise connections and the internet is restricted...thats as clear as i can make it.

edit:when employees access the company site it comes up as a different page than the public page...understand???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Not really, you seem to be getting a little muddled up.

The only way the same page would be coming up differant for 2 differant machines without logging in would be through ip sniffing or mac filtering or something, no idea why youd do that instead of having someone log on.

None of that amounts to having "wireless encryptionon its homes page/site (intranet) but does on other site (internet)", which is what you said, Achilles more than likely has the right answer.

achilles probably is right but when i access my companys website here its on the intranet and it is an extended version of the public site thats all i'm saying

edit: by the way they are 2 seperate site so to speak but the internal one has the same stuff on it as the external one...that makin sense...there are wires crossed here somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

hmmm, i was thinking it could be a proxy or dns problem because every other page times out, and i presume the ucd one is stored locally?

thats what i've been saying more or less only the local (intranet) pages are accessible

Advertisement