Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The trialists choice - Is it blackmail!?

Options
  • 14-09-2001 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

This is mainly aimed at the ADSL trialists out there as I realise people without such a service are likely to think (ADSL trialists) have had it good for long enough, but I think we really need to think hard about the offered prices, as there is a chance our response could effect the decision making.

We have been offered the modem for free and the connection fee is to be waived if we say yes to the incredible monthly price and caps by the 19th of September. So we have a golden carrot dangled before us.

There is a chance that our response will be taken to be represenative of the rest of the country. We may be used as pawns in the decisions of Eircom next week. They could say well x amount of trialists excepted so there! I do however fully accept that many trialists need such connections to run their businesses.

I am almost certain that since caps are mentioned in the Terms of Service without any mention of their actual size, that Eircom could turn around next week and say the price stays and we'll up the cap, in an attempt to appease the ODTR. Then again maybe they won't even bother with that. The level of anger and out cry will only make it more likely, I hope.

I for one am eagerly waiting for a comprehensive response from the ODTR early next week.

Remember, the existance of IrelandOffline and the astonishing level of debate and discussion amongst its members on the boards means more power to the consumer.

Advertisement