Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One call made to new girl I like, do I call again?

• 12-10-2005 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Fairly insignificant problem really, but I met this girl last Saturday at a party and we seemed to get on very well. I asked her for her number, which she gave to me, and at around 10 tonight I called her. It rang out, so I left a message just saying hi.

Anyway, do you reckon, if I don't hear anything back from her, that I should just leave it, or should I give her another shout? I'm not very familiar with doing this and my instinct is saying to just leave it - I know there could be any number of reasons why she didn't answer (the biggest being she's just not interested!!) so I haven't given up hope yet, but come tomorrow evening I'm not sure if I should follow up or just give up.

Whaddya reckon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Text in a day or two, saying you tried to call, sorry you missed her, etc. If she texts back, well and good. If not, next please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yeah, think that's what I'll do. Won't make me seem like I'm stalking her heh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Well, chapter 1 of this story has a happy ending. I just received a text from her. She was out and will call tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

sometimes if a guy was to call after exchanging numbers, specially like 5 days later, i'd intentionally miss the call cuz i mightn#t be expecting it. its happened before that i'd have given up that he was going to get in contact once tuesday or wednesdays gone by. so i think if you plan to leave it that long a text is easier to deal with and less on the spot.

personally i think any guy who leaves it till the following weekend is probably a bit full of himself is only looking for a follow up shag. and a guy who contacts within like 2 days is genuinely interested.

although i know i've been on the other end, of meeting a guy mid week, so that i won't have to meet him at the weekend, so i'll be free to meet someone better if i know theres a good party or something coming up.

oh, the games we play...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

SuprSi wrote:
    Well, chapter 1 of this story has a happy ending. I just received a text from her. She was out and will call tomorrow :D

Good stuff, keep us posted!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

I have never been able to figure this out entirely.

Ok I'm in a similar prediciment however through emails. Now I have mailed this girl (Never two in a row always wait for a response is my moto) However the last time I mailed here it took her 3 days to respond so What is a guys play here? Is the girl expecting a response straight away or is that too eager or does he wait the same length as she did?

any suggestions?

SuprSi wrote:
    Whaddya reckon?
    Just ring her again and if she doesnt answer, leave a message saying more or less what you said here..something along the lines of "hey I like ya but hey lets find out if you like me, and if you're not interested just let me know"

Total matter of factness.
    You've nothing to lose as you're not an item yet.
    Dont make a third call.
    If she doesnt get back to you, consider it her loss and you will have had closure.

( God I feel like WWM here today :D )

Advertisement