Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

im in a hole

• 12-10-2005 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

hey... ok so im on vodafone.. ive lost my origianl literature from when i bought it... so the other day i tried to change the pin code (i never had it activiated before so i couldn't remember it) and after getting it wrong three times the sim got blocked... so i needed my PUK to unblock it but i dont have it so i cant put it in...

so i know that you can get it on my vodafone at the vodafone.ie site.. but because its an old phone the credits expired and for some STUPID reason you cant sign into my vodafone without having activated credit... so the option would be to get credit but i cant put it into the phone coz its blocked!!! what the hell do i do... its a real loophole
    help!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Did you register it when you initally got it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Can you use an ATM to top up? Do you have an online bank account? Only the two things I can think of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Call the vodafone help line. It is an automated service but they will give you your PUK code. I have done it before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Rabies wrote:
    Call the vodafone help line. It is an automated service but they will give you your PUK code. I have done it before.
    cool whats the number?

Dunno. Presume you can get it on the vodafone website.
    If i remember correctly it took a few goes on the help line to find the right options but I was able to get my PUK code.

• Advertisement

Rabies wrote:
    Dunno. Presume you can get it on the vodafone website.
    If i remember correctly it took a few goes on the help line to find the right options but I was able to get my PUK code.
    do you have to be calling from the phone you need the puk code for? coz i cant really do that...

Nope. I called from a landline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

1850 20 87 87 i think..

You don't need to call from the phone, but you may need it by your side (Maybe need to get IMEI number from under the battery/cover?)

ok cool thanks all for die help

Advertisement