Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Faction Multiplayer Test

Options
  • 14-09-2001 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Just for all you ppl out there wondering if Red Faction will be good multiplayer - heres your chance :

http://www.fileplanet.com/index.asp?section=332&file=63601

they've released a Multiplayer Test Demo.

I've tried it out on some European servers and it seems to be more 56k friendly.

I havn't noticed much lag in a game since i started playing it and
    my ping is practically the same as CS.

Go and try it out.
    And For those who have already done it - Give Us Your Verdict.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

What type of game is this, and how big is the download?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Fuller|Andrew

Red Faction is a Half-Life type fps based in a mineing colony on mars. Accordint to PC GAMER it should finally knock Hald-Life off the top stop. Surprised it tok u guys this long to find it the multiplayer demo has been out for months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

The Size of the Multiplayer Test 1.00 is 44 MB approx.
    The Patch to bring it up to 1.10 is 8 MB approx.

It is a FPS and a game many people have been awaiting the release of.

Btw - I believe the release Date is sometime this month.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

Originally posted by Fuller|Andrew
    Red Faction is a Half-Life type fps based in a mineing colony on mars. Accordint to PC GAMER it should finally knock Hald-Life off the top stop. Surprised it tok u guys this long to find it the multiplayer demo has been out for months.

I knew about it for a while Andrew but I just didnt get off my ass and download it until last night.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I didn't think the singleplayer demo was anything special, but I like the multiplayer alot. That rail gun type weapon 0wns me, shooting-through-walls nyomyness. Strangely the multiplayer runs poo on this machine, the singleplayer demo ran smoothly but this is fairly unplayable on anything higher than 800x600 with medium detail :mad:

It IS basically the same thing weve seen before, buts its fun in my opinion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement