Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I get?

• 13-10-2005 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

I'm moving to Dublin soon, not sure where yet but southside as close to the city as possible.
    Most places for rent don't have broadband or even a phoneline and as I use the internet every day (Broadband) I really don't want to be without it for 4/5/6 or more weeks.
    Mostly I use the internet for games, I don't download an awful lot, I would like something to connect my laptop that is portable too (like wireless router).

Also I don't know if i'll be staying in the same place for long as I have notions of buying and wouldn't like to be lumped with a bill for something I can't use anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've looked into Ripwave but there seem to be some pretty bad reviews on it.

Sorry if this has been answered before, search, yet again, is disabled.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'm moving to Dublin soon, not sure where yet but southside as close to the city as possible.

I normally advise NTL cable BB, they have the best products IMO, however it has a 12 month contract.

Otherwise Clearwire might be good, it is wireless BB like IBB, however unlike IBB, reports so far say it is good, but there is no guarantee for the future. The advantage of Clearwire is that it only uses a wireless modem, so you could potentially take it with you to a new place.

Personally I'd go NTL, even if you aren't there for the full 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bang_bang_rosie

Thanks for the advice, do you know how long either of them takes to get installed and set up?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Thanks for the advice, do you know how long either of them takes to get installed and set up?

NTL takes 1 to 2 weeks.

Advertisement