Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

workin in canada:how the hell do i get a temp. visa

• 13-10-2005 1:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have been lookin in to goin to winnipeg for a couple o weeks now but I cant find any useful info on how to get that little piece of paper so I can go and work in a bar and see my girlfriend for a couple of months before I go back to college. If anyone has any info that might help me out any posts would be greatly appreciated. Tnx for readin this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Been thinking of going myself...So luckily I have lots of info. for you.

Here Is Working Info.

If you need anything else just ask.

Good luck mate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Forgot to mention, in words it may seem difficult to get the visa, but in reality canadian authoritys are very lieniant in awording a temporary visa, as they are in a boom simular to we were in the mid 90's, so they need all the workers they can get. Not nearly as difficult to get as a US one.

I would advise doing the process through a canadian lawer, as to ensure it's granted, and done quickly, and I wouldn't imagine it would be expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

ya... there's forms aswell so you can test your eligiblity, they'll give you an idea as to how many "points" you get awarded...
    There's also Visa's given out every year by Usit, but they are snapped up very quickly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

Being from Canada myself, it shouldn't be too hard to get a working visa. If you want to, you could go on as a tourist, and get some work 'under the table'.

Advertisement