Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smallville 5x02 - Mortal

• 13-10-2005 2:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

I just got around to watching this episode this evening.

It was pretty much a standard Smallville episode, but definitely of a higher quality to the stuff we saw last series.
    It's great to see that they aren't rushing to give Clark his powers back. And it looks like we've finally seen the end of the Lex and Clark friendship. The super villians were pretty well conceived... although the twins looked a lot like the main character out of the movie Powder.

Anyway... I'm beginning to get a good feeling about Smallville again.... Season 4 really disgusted me... so it still has a lot of work to do win me back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I watched it @ the w/e -- I enjoyed it mostly because they're finally not afraid to advance some of the relationships, like Lana said "it's been four years!".
    The villains were ok, though the FX for their powers was really good as always. I love Chloe, and her exchange with Clark about Pete was great.

I like that they're not rushing with his powers, and also that they're not rushing to show James Marsters in every episode (since his gooey entrance @ the end of 5x01). When Clark punched Lex, it was all the more fun since he wasn't super-powered :)

All in all, it's a good start to the season, though I liked S4, so I wouldn't complain probably as strenuously as others :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The fact that poor Jason wasn't getting any was pretty funny... no wonder he was so pissed off all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

The fact that poor Jason wasn't getting any was pretty funny... no wonder he was so pissed off all the time.

How he was living with her and never got anywhere.... :rolleyes: -- I assumed from all the bits in Paris that they were enjoying each other's company ;) I think a later episode in S4 implied they weren't sleeping together as well, but can't remember off-hand.

Someone please tell me these kids aren't still in High School, because that would be retarded. 5 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

They'll be starting college this season...

The funny thing is that Tom Welling who plays Clark is actually older than the guy that is playing Superman in the new film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

^ and 10yrs older than Clarke in Smallville. Clarke is only 18.

Just watched 503. It's a whopper. Go see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Aye S0503 is a good episode.
    Some good plot advancements while not going TOO fast. I think this was the best episode for Clark to get his powers back, and now he can fly! if they'dd done it in ep 2 it would've been too soon, any more after ep 3 i'd be bored! No real super villain this episode, the back story was only really there to advance the plot. I liked it though, much better start to the season than last year, hope they can keep it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Yup I liked episode 3, watched it last night :D
    I loved it that Clark can fly now! Twas awesome :D Lana and Clark are FINALLY together, thank god!

But what I wanna know now is, who has to die?? Jor-el said someone had to die when Clark would return with his powers ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

Episode 3 was quite good alright
    tinkerbell wrote:
    Lana and Clark are FINALLY together, thank god!
    But were that not suggesting that they'll have to break up again? Otherwise there'll be questions like 'wheres the scar from the bullet?'

Advertisement