Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halloween costume

• 13-10-2005 9:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I want to dress up like a Pirate or Ninja for Halloween, but have zero skill or aptitude in costumes or anything like this - don't even know where to start! Any hints for suitable 'do-it-yourself' outfits or places to go in Dublin to buy something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

get some cardboard and cut it into a sword shape (ask your parents to give you a hand with the scissors :p) and then cover it in tin foil and you have your sword

get a tablecloth, dye it blue/black and cut a hole for your head and then a pillowcase, dye it the same colour and cut some eye-holes et voila you are teh l33t ninja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Bah humbug, I want to look l33t so don't mind splashing the cash for full effect! Found a cracking pirate outfit in an online retailer in the UK, but would cost over €100 with shipping, which maybe is a little much. That said, to have a legitimate excuse to say 'arr, you can scrape the barnacles off my hull *anytime*, saucy wench!' would be priceless...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

ionapaul wrote:
    l33t QUOTE]

what does that mean :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

ionapaul wrote:
    l33t QUOTE]

what does that mean :confused:

You dont wanna no, its the worst language of them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Said online retailer also has a varity of Batman costumes! If I can convince my friends to part with €65 each, watch out for multiple versions of Batman and Robin on Bank Holiday weekend in the nightclubs of Dublin's fair city! What do you call a group of Batmen? A flock? A pack?

• Advertisement
Advertisement