Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Mile BB is flippin' slow! OK NOW!

• 13-10-2005 10:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

My fiancée and I got Last Mile Boradband installed yesterday. They were quick on the install waiting period I have to say, which was only a week. But, our connection, which is at 10Mbps, the download speed is piss poor. our dial-up is faster on loading the same sites than on the so-called 'broadband'.

Anyone else on Last Mile with similar problems?

Seanie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Your connection between your pc and their piece of equipment connecting you to the network is running at 10mb. However your speed between the equipment and their base station is 512kbps. It has improved slightly lately I have noticed but during peak times it grinds to a crawl as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

I have lastmile at home in Longford for the last 6 weeks or so, its a 512K connection and it is fine. If yours is slow you should contact their support desk, as generally the service seems to be pretty good.

Regards

XDA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

But line tests are telling me I'd be downlading at 1.8K/sec average - I got over 2.5K on the dial up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

then there's definitely something wrong, i get about 50K/sec download. Call their support desk and complain.

XDA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Got it atfull capacity now - turns out the receiver/router needed to be reset - should have happened automatically when we first connected, but it didn't. Last Mile staff were quick to respond, so kudos to them on that one!

Seanie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭PlasmaFish

Can you do a Tracert to i.e heanet.ie and google.com
    just to see if there is many radio hops before it gets the Internet backbone.

Advertisement