Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOGL set up

Options
  • 13-10-2005 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

does anyone know how to set up JOGL( java open GL ) , i've looked at a load of tutorials and they are no help at all.

i am currently using JCreator or TextPad.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭PhantomBeaker

Right - what you need to do is find out where your java installation lives. Let's say for example c:\jdk-1.5\

I'm assuming you're using windows (if you're using linux it's as simple at typing "echo $classpath" in a console) Actually what you can probably do is open a dos box (go to run in the start menu and type "cmd") and type in the box "echo %classpath" - I think that's the syntax for windows/dos. If not you can right-click on "my computer" and go to properties. On one of the last tabs there's a button that allows you to see the environment variables - look for one called classpath. However you get it, note it down.

Unzip the precompiled binaries of jogl and put the jogl.jar file into that directory that's mentioned in the classpath. That means that java will look for jogl there - along with all the other nice classes that Java comes with.

Then (remember I'm assuming you're using windows - otherwise just use the other files that came in the zip) and put it in the bin folder in the jre folder where java lives. (so that would be in our example c:\jdk-1.5\jre\bin

Sorry if that sounds condescending, I'm just trying to make it as unambiguous as possible.

I hope that helps. The main thing about most documentation is it assumes you know what a classpath is and so forth. But that's pretty much how to do it (I haven't installed it myself - but can translate those howtos pretty ok)

Take care,
    Aoife

Advertisement