Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Monk

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

so hang on he didnt get a strecth one then if it only hold 8. and you got fecking robbed paying 800 for 30 mins. who did u get that from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

If you rent a limo in the US you usually have to pay extra to get any champagne at all, though I think the rental fees would be a lot cheaper.

AFAIK in some states in the US it is actually illegal to consume or posess an open container of alcohol while in a moving vehicle. This applies to both passengers and drivers alike. Certainly while I lived there, even drinking in the back seat was a no-no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

blahblah06 wrote:
    Well the monk is a rip off merchant its only 550 euro for 2.5 hours in the guys i know. they own a yellow, black and white one

Id do it for €300 for 3 hours in my Fiat Punto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

The Monk wrote:
    stop talking about me. i gave up crime a long time ago. i now run a successful taxi business.

if you want to continue talking about me i'd be happy to continue the discussion in person.

LOL. But seriously Mr. Monk, do you have any 'tales from the back of a limo/hummer etc.'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 barber bill

hi im planning to get a hummer limo for my debs next year does any body know of any website or number that could book one thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

hi im planning to get a hummer limo for my debs next year does any body know of any website or number that could book one thanks

hey barber i just got a stretch hummer to my debs yesterday, it was fantastic!!
    it holds 15 passengers.

here is the website, they are based in derry but they do come to the republic.

www.coachireland.com

oh and heres a pic of me and the hummer!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The superquinn bag looks a little out of place :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

The latest thing over here are the "NASCAR" limos. They have the thing painted in the colours of your favourite NASCAR team or driver, and then the inside has all kinds of racing car crap in it, including, AFAIK, a nintendo with car racing games.

I'm guessing it is only a matter of time before there are corresponding Formula 1 Limos all over Europe.

http://www.racinglimosofslo.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Yep this is a fairly strong story. The newspaper in Trinity are investigating it I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Wonder if they have much problems with speed humps and humpback bridges? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Stretch hummers seem to be all over the place, my mates got one recently for their debs. Dunno if twas the Monk tho, say they woulda mentioned it

seamus wrote:
    The superquinn bag looks a little out of place :D

:D ye thats our bag of drink, maybe we should have taken it out first:rolleyes:

thanks chilly willy. :cool:

no problem

• Advertisement

was it expencive since its in derry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MITCHDUFF

yes The Rumours Are True! "the Monk" Owns A Hummer For Himself And A White Streached Limo Which He Uses In His Taxi Business.
    I Wouldnt Be To Worried About Him. My Dad Met Him Over In Manchester,had A Few Beers With Him And He Said He Was A Top Notch Man And Also The Locals From East Wall Dont Seem To Have A Problem With Him So I'll Be Fine.:d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭alphanine

ianmc38 wrote:
    I was having lunch yesterday with a couple of friends when one started telling me about the renowned Dublin Gangster "The MonK" and his new business interest. Apparently, she was talking to a taxi driver one day who was a good friend of the Monk. He said that the Monk is now running a chauffeur service using a white strecthed hummer and brings a load of travellers to their debs.

Now, havign recently seen a white stretched humemr in town I'm wondering if there's any truth to this rumour?

It is true, if you have a friend who is a guard, get them to verify it on the PULSE system in the station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

old news - though I wonder how the monkey is doin now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

dragging up stupid old threads: not cool.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

In before lock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

oh and heres a pic of me and the hummer!!:D
    Ah she's not that bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Wossack wrote:
    old news - though I wonder how the monkey is doin now

he hit a curb which damaged the suspension and he had to pay 75K to get it fixed out of his own pocket apparently........

it is old news at this stage though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 M0use

Before you slag off The Monk - you might want to bear in mind that he might be related to a certain Boards member.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

^^ :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

He sold the hummer limmo to a chaufer company according to a taxi driver I got the other night.

(so it must be true)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

old skool yo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

Caliden wrote:
    old skool yo

I'd be feeling a wee bit silly quoting an 18 month old post.

/edit - noticed, huh? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

5starpool wrote:
    In before lock

X2

M0use wrote:
    Before you slag off The Monk - you might want to bear in mind that he might be related to a certain Boards member.

The Bishop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Lazare

MITCHDUFF wrote:
    yes The Rumours Are True! "the Monk" Owns A Hummer For Himself And A White Streached Limo Which He Uses In His Taxi Business.
    I Wouldnt Be To Worried About Him. My Dad Met Him Over In Manchester,had A Few Beers With Him And He Said He Was A Top Notch Man And Also The Locals From East Wall Dont Seem To Have A Problem With Him So I'll Be Fine.:d

Why Did You Feel The Need To Do This?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Gandhi wrote:

Classic, it states "Not just a ride, an experience"........they must be talking about yore ma op!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 M0use

The Bishop?[/QUOTE]

No - me actually. He does have family members like a normal person too you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

ianmc38 wrote:
    My sarcasm detector is returning an unsure rating on this post. True?

Yes true. He didn't pay VRT on it, and it got impounded for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

No - me actually. He does have family members like a normal person too you know.

and im sure the family have read much worse things about him than we would write tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yep, and in fact 90% of the discussion here is all about him being a 'top man' and the like...Jeez, relax m0use :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

heard the monk is lookin into importing his own electric trains and irish rail are going to lease the lines out to him
    duno if its true yet tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭starlight07

Yes the monk does own a hummer limo- he was one of the first people in Ireland to own one but why do you care anyway??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭oneeyedsnake

Did the monk ever murder anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Did the monk ever murder anyone?

Only at monopoly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Don't drag up really old threads please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement