Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kerr out or Kerr In?

• 13-10-2005 12:27pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭

After last nights sad end to our World Cup hopes I thought it might be an idea to have a poll on this. If the Mod disagrees then by all means delete.
    When Kerr first got this job I was very enthusiastic. I am not foolish enough to know that success at youth level will result in the same at senior but Kerr's youth teams played to win at the big events and this is the attitue Ireland needed, time to dispense with the mass celebrations when we come home having being knocked out in the last 16 of a major event. I was also hoping Kerr would be brave enough to drop some players that had never really done it for us but who had become fixtures in the squad.
    It didn't take long, though, for my hopes to be dashed. Kerr has kept faith in poor performers through thick and thin, Kilbane being a prime example. He has shown no faith in our ability to play the game well, taken our friendlies far too seriously (I can remember us playing the ball into the corner of the pitch near the end of a friendly in the last few minutes of the game, Brazil?) and not used them to experiment/test players out. It became apparent he had decided on a cautious approach and part of that plan from what I could see was a pr approach. For one thing getting Roy Keane back. For another picking an Eircom League player to sit on the bench in a friendly (again why not give them a run). Pure PR. As this World Cup campaign has progressed I have been in fear of taking an early lead in a game because no matter how weak the opposition we were always bound to start defending the lead far too early and we paid the price for it often enough.
    All in all it has been a very frustrating experience following the team over the last 2 years. Last night when Andy Reid was taken off and Kilbane left on it summed it up for me. Neither player was playing well but Reidy has far superior delivery to Kilbane and can come up with some nice passes from time to time. It was a great opportunity to move him to his preferred side of the pitch, get Kilbane off the pitch and who knows. Same with the Keane substitution. With nothing to lose in a must win game he remained cautious.
    The upshot is I want him to go. I do fear, though, that the media scramble for his head while they sneakily say "it's not up to us, it's up to the FAI" may leave a bad taste in my mouth come the end. The same way it did with McCarthy. We sometimes forget very quickly and too conveniently what someone has done but in Kerr's case we do very badly need to forget it.

Should Kerr go or Stay? 88 votes

He should go
    0%
    He should be given another chance
    100%
    damogandalfmewsoRasTaKulganPHBroar_ieK!LL!@NThanx 4 The FishDont be at yourselfMossy MonkBKtjemike65qwertyupThe Clown ManPepe LeFritsdannyd20SeanehkamobeJohnny_the_fox 88 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Meh, if he couldn't get anything that remotely resembles effort out of his players and resorted to hoofing long balls in a make or break game for ALL of THEIR WC hopes, I'd rather see the back of him.

He's just a ***'* knacker,
    Fcuk off to Inchicore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Fcuk off to Inchicore!

That's WELL out of order mate!
    What's that I hear? Oh yeah, it's a banning!

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Meh, if he couldn't get anything that remotely resembles effort out of his players and resorted to hoofing long balls in a make or break game for ALL of THEIR WC hopes, I'd rather see the back of him.

Fcuk off to Inchicore!

Weeks ban, well out of order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Fcuk off to Inchicore!

i hate this crap. while I don't think he should stay in the job, i hate to see this Irish attitude, where by Kerr has been probaly are most successful manager in terms of his underage teams, and simply becuase he wasn't up to the job, of getting us to the WC, we slag him off.
    Hate it... Same usual crap joke,
    Einstürzende yer some ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Fcuk off to Inchicore!

Didnt take long for something this stupid to be posted, i hope you get banned.
    I think he has to go because if theres no motivation at a time like this then theres no motivation during the euro qualifiers. There was no onslaught of the swiss in the first 10 minutes that used to be our trademark at home, hit em with absolutely everything no matter who they are. As people said the ordinary players made up for what they lacked in skill with passion and heart, now theyre just ordinary players.

Edit
    Weeks ban, well out of order.

Good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Agreed. Kerr failed for us and should be shown the door imho but I don't think you need to be saying stuff like that about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

i'd cut the guy a little slack though, he is obviouly pasionate about the irish team, but thats just the wrong way of showing itkerr lacks top level tactical knowlege as seen by route 1 of last night, poor subs, loosing a 2 goal lead against isreal after some suspect subs etc. the list does go on,

i don't hate him i think he's done alot for irish football and commended in taking over an irish team that are in decline but he isn't the man for the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think Kerr should stay on.

Why? Simply look at the alternatives. There are none. While this campaign was a disaster, I think it would be remiss of the FAIlures to take an easy knee jerk reaction. I somehow doubt many managers would have got us qualified for this tournament with the squad Kerr had to deal with. If we are completely honest, we know that the squad at his disposal, with an odd exception, is distinctly average.

That said, a new start, with a mass clear out may be the answer. One thing is for certain, the FAI have to take ALL the blame for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Initially i was delighted for Brian Kerr to get the job - it seemed that someone with roots and winning experience in the Irish game was getting a chance to shine in the top job. The early results also showed great promise and we got off to a flyer in this group.

However as this qualification campaign as gone on i have been more and more disappointed with his tactics and team selection. He seems to have a plan A and a plan A which are both to lump it up to Morrison up front and hope he gets fouled. This was the plan against the French when the very poor on the night (and in the group), O'Shea was moved into midfield so harte could be on the pitch for set pieces. Again last night the long ball tactic was used and every substitution was telegraphed (the only suprise was Keane coming off when he normally brings off Morrison).

Last night would have been a night for a bit of adventure as we needed to win - a draw was no good a defeat no matter by what was no good. Go for the win, bite into tackles, make chances, take more than two shots at goal in 90 mins!! Why was Connolly not given a run ahead of Doherty/Keane.
    why was Kilbane left on? Why was Reid playing on the wrong side (beat a man for once andy don't keep coming inside)? Why no Finnan? O'Shea in midfield?

This has been a consistant theme throughout the group and if a joe soap like me can read starting lineups, substitions imagine how easy it is for an opposition manager to brief their players pre game.

The only saving grace i can see for Kerr is that there are no ready made replacements and everyone i have been talking to have different opinions on who it should be.

As for me, I am in favour of Kerr being replaced and by Martin O'Neill if he would come to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

What a stupid comment.

Good poll.

Out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Pitty you didn't make it a public poll, I'd love to see the 6 people are!

Kerr was out of his dept when it came down to it, O'Shea couldn't play Left back never center mid, S Reid has been playing very well for Blackburn in the center but Kerr leaves him on the bench.

I also remember Kerr playing O'Shea at Center Defence against the Swiss and I don't remember him been too hot either actually he was fault for the goal.

IMHO Kerr out O'Leary in

gimmick wrote:
    One thing is for certain, the FAI have to take ALL the blame for this.

That's the thing that annoys me, if Kerr has to take the blame because he's the guy in charge of the team, surely the "Association" in charge of the Manager must take some of the flack.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

He's a nice guy with his heart in the right place, but that is not enough for him to keep his half a million per year job.

He just not up to it.

Also, we are not as good as we think we are.

Time for Jose Mourinho!

I think one issue for the FAI is money! I mean can they afford a top manager, the English FA pay Sven £5 million a year!!!!

Pittyy you didn't make it a public poll, I'd love to see the 6 people are!

Eh , it is a public poll, and ye can see the results.

I thought the names automatically appeared under the poll didn't realise you had to click on the number, Cheers roddy.

So Gimmick would you not consider O'Leary an option, even part-time??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

I voted that he should stay cos realistically there isn't any other managers that I think would do a better job or would acctualyl take the job on...

I cant see Dave O'Leary leavin villa for ireland, the irish job could be his later on in his career, why leave a good premiership club?

Think Martin O'Neill wouldnt be willing to take it on given the health of his wife and the potential abuse he could recieve from other fans.

I do think that when kerr came into the setup after McCarthy he made some positive changes in training and things like that maybe he fell by the wayside and lost a bit of the respect of the players or something in recent months, I think he should be given another shot. We desperatly need to develop our young players now. For me our big problem is upfront, I think Robbie's lack of games for spurs is a bit of a factor. I dont think he's played that well despite scoring some goals, maybe we needed him to play well and get goals!

Why would O'Leary have to leave why couldn't he do both, just needs a good fulltime Assistant

irish1 wrote:
    just needs a good fulltime Assistant

Brian Kerr?

B.

BaZmO* wrote:
    Brian Kerr?

B.
    Couldn't see him going for that Baz, I was thinking more along the lines of Aldridge???

• Advertisement

Ah you saw with Sven, that doesnt work, once either club or country begin to suffer the manager gets the blame for dividin his time over the two jobs and not concentrating etc. Like I dunno what a big difference changing kerr will have, we will still have the same players all beit a few old lads down and a few young lads up. If anything needs to change its the attitude of the players, like they wont get away with going out drinking before their club games so why should they get away with it before the internationals, i know they had kerr's blessing and maybe that is a reason to question his management....I just dont think it'll make a huge difference!

If only there was a way, we could kill two birds with the one stone.
    Get Givens out of the u21's, bring Kerr back " tactical substitution", and then bring in O'Neill/Chris Houghton for the Irish team(or whoever O'Neill should want) on a part time basis, while his wife recuperates.

That would be the way i would want it. but no chance of this happening, as I doubt Kerr would take a step backwards, and I cant see O'Neill managing us for a good while yet.

Well with respect Kerr hasn't achieved anything at the highest level, working with Youth teams and with players who live in a fantasy world is very different.

I like O'Leary's style of play, he likes to play football at a very high tempo, as the old song say's "put them under pressure". I think O'Leary as part-time manager with Aldo as full time assistant could work. Just my opinion, disgard it as you please.

johnor wrote:
    I voted that he should stay cos realistically there isn't any other managers that I think would do a better job or would acctualyl take the job on...

Not at you in particular but this particular comment is something that has been bugging me all day (actually for months really!). So all the people here who have said Kerr should stay because 'nobody could do better with the players available to him' or feelings to that effect just digest this ....

13 of the 20 players that Jack Charlton took with him to Germany in 1988 had been available to the previous manager Eoin Hand during his spell in charge. In fact it would have been 15 out of 20 going to Germany (ie add Liam Brady and David O'Leary) if not for unfortunate circumstances. Also 8 of the starting 11 v England on that famous day in June'88 were among that 13/15 available to Hand.

Of the 7 who were not among that aforemented 13 3 only made their debuts AFTER we had completed out qualification group! So don't tell me more cannot be got out of these premiership (and in many cases CL/UEFA) quality players. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

well said Pigman, if you look at our team for this campaign, they are limited but most are still plying their trade in a top league.

Given is a top goalkeeper.
    Duff and Roy Keane are undoubtedly world class.
    Dunne, Cunningham and Finnan are consistent performers at club level.
    Stephen Reid and Graham Kavannagh both play regularly for premiership clubs.

Andy Reid and Robbie Keane show flashes of skill but admittedly should be playing better. In terms of a second striker alongside Keane, we have Morission, Elliot and Connolly. None of them are particularly inspiring but surely they could do a job for you.

Essentially, the team we've had for this campaign should be doing a lot better than getting outplayed by Cyprus, hanging onto leads for dear life against Israel and punting long balls at the Swiss defence with 40 minutes left!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

For the record , i was one of teh few people that voted for kerr to stay . i believe that the FAI havent got the money to attract the big names that the country is calling for . brian kerr was on €500,000 a year contract , its not something i can see Martin o Neill , david O Leary signing onthe dotted line for.

Another poster mentioned David O leary taking the ireland job part-time (staying as villa manager as well) i for one would not be happy with a part-time manager leading the international team. Also i dont think Doug Elis would allow it either.

Martin O'Neill is out of the game until a job comes up that he can't turn down.he will not manage Irelands national team so people can get that out if their heads

Brian kerr getting a second chance is the way i see forward.There is a few older players retiring now and a few hot prospects coming through that i think can develop under kerrs wing as manager.

Im in no means a big Kerr fan , and if someone can realisticly pick out a great manager that the FAI can afford and that will manage the country then let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

PIGMAN : Are you suggesting that Ireland go looking for some international nomads again? Or have i picked you up wrong?

Or, are you suggesting there is a bigger pool of players available to the manager? If so, who?
    So Gimmick would you not consider O'Leary an option, even part-time??

No, as I dont look at this as being a realistic option.

No I'm not suggesting we reintroduce the Find An Irishman system again (or is that what you mean by international nomads?)

I'm pointing that Hand and Charlton had nearly exactly the same panel of players to work with. Hand left us with a few nice 'we woz robbed' stories and a 4th place in his last campaign (coincidentally enough), Charlton got us to the finals of tournaments.

irish1 wrote:
    Couldn't see him going for that Baz, I was thinking more along the lines of Aldridge???

Tbh, I was kinda just takin the p1ss mentioning his name as I'd be very surprised if his pride would allow him to take a step down like that. But I do think he would make a good assistant manager.

B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Kerr needs to go, he has not got anything out of this team at all. Look at last nights performance, utter tripe.

Niall Quinn anyone? :D

Well maybe Aldo as full manager then? what do you think, he done well with Tranmere, different level I know but at least he has some experience and I think the players would respect him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I have to agree with Sarge. I don't think Kerr is a great manager but finding somebody to replace him who would actually be willing to do the job would be very hard. People keep naming O'Neill and O'Leary but I don't really see it happening. Managing the Irish national team is not an attractive prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The fact that Kerr says and presumably believes that the Henry goal knocked us out says it all.

While you could have some feeling for him on the human side,if he had any honour he should resign

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I don't think it would be that unrealistic to think that Kerr would take some sort of assistant or technical role. He doesn't come across as being too proud. In fact he is very modest, a man that just wants the best for Irish football. Outside of the managerial position he still has a lot to offer the setup.

As regards replacements, this could be the perfect job for O'Neill. The Ireland manager role is hardly a full time one, its not like we have such a vast pool of players that you would be attending multiple matches a week. O'Neill could be just the man to restore the Irish pride and heart to the team. Get the best out of our poorer players.

Other candidates are obviously O'Leary. I mean what is attaching him to Villa? He has been there a good few years and the club is stagnant. In fairness he has signed a few good players and has been unlucky with injuries, but given the current setup upstairs at the club I can't see them breaking into the top four any time soon, somewhere I'm sure O'Leary is aiming for havng been there before. I like O'Leary's style of play, the major question would be, do we have the players to adopt it? I'm not sure.

Then we could look abroad. Look what foreign coaches have done to smaller nations like Nigeria, South Korea, South Africa etc. We are an attractive nation I'm sure to a foreigner, given our supporters passion, and a sprinkling of genuine class. It's an idea I've never really embraced before, but maybe it's time for wholesale changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Lads will yis stop reporting the same post, its already been handled hours ago :-)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

am very dissapointed in how it all went for Kerr, really hoped it would
    have worked out for him, but we have a year or so to get the team
    in some sort of shape and a new man is the way to do that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Lawrenson thinks that Kerr should stay

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4338068.stm
    Former Republic of Ireland defender Mark Lawrenson has warned against sacking Brian Kerr after the country's failure to qualify for the World Cup.

BBC football pundit Lawrenson said: "The easiest thing would be to sack the coach, but all he can do is work with the players he's got.

"No matter who the Football Association of Ireland might bring in, they still have to work with the same players.

"Unfortunately in international football, you can't buy players in."

A mediocre squad can only get you so far in international football
    BBC pundit Mark Lawrenson

With the likes of Roy Keane and Damien Duff ruled out through injury, Lawrenson bemoaned the lack of quality available to Kerr, especially on the bench.

Lawrenson said: "You look at the three substitutes Ireland brought on against Switzerland and that tells you what you need to know.

"Stephen Reid isn't a regular for Blackburn, Stephen Elliott has only played a handful of Premiership games since breaking into the Sunderland team and Gary Doherty isn't even a regular in the Norwich team in the Championship.

"He's got a lot of mediocrity in the squad and that can only get you so far in international football.

"I think the FA of Ireland has created the uncertainty about Brian's future.

"If it had been happy with him it would have sorted out his contract by now. It has to announce in the next few weeks what it is going to do with him."

Lawrenson says Kerr has already bequethed a valuable legacy to Irish football.

He said: "Brian has put things in place that Ireland hasn't had before, such as a regional coaching set-up and a technical director.

"He might lose his job but if a good group of players come through in five to ten years time it will be largely down to the things he's put in place."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Boot him out

Boot him out

Normally you back your statement up and sometimes i enjoy reading what you wrote, but you cant just make a statement like that without backing it up. Read my post who would you bring in and why .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Ok maybe that was a little blunt but I do not think Kerr can take the Ireland team forward, he is a bit too reserved (football wise) for my liking. There is no doubt he is an affable chap but that should not matter.

As for his replacement, I have a soft spot for Martin O'Neill but again I think he is too reserved. He is one hell of a motivator though. David O'Leary is a possibility although that can only be in a full time fashion. Roy Keane? I would certainly give him a chance.

How about Bertie Vogts?

only joking :D

• Advertisement

Ok maybe that was a little blunt but I do not think Kerr can take the Ireland team forward, he is a bit too reserved (football wise) for my liking. There is no doubt he is an affable chap but that should not matter.

As for his replacement, I have a soft spot for Martin O'Neill but again I think he is too reserved. He is one hell of a motivator though. David O'Leary is a possibility although that can only be in a full time fashion. Roy Keane? I would certainly give him a chance.
    How about Bertie Vogts?
    only joking :D

Right did you read my post buddy ? Basically name someone that will take the job ,that we can afford and that would actually be able to do the job.All of the above WILL NOT BE THE NEXT IRISH MANAGER.Roy keane i would love to see , but he is going to celtic for one season ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Pros of him going
    Players may listen to to new guy, as Dunne said last night tye had a plan but under pressure THEY (as in the players) resorted to hoofing it.
    New guy will unearth some superb english players playing in Division 5 like that fat lad who plays for Swansea.

Cons of Kerr leaving
    Fai will have to pay 5 times more to the new guy.
    New guy will still have the same **** players.

Tough one really , fair play to him for trying with that squad, over time well paid crap players proved they dont listen to their manager. Personally i want him to go as i like him and would prefer to see him elsewhere (inchicore to be exact).
    But in reality with the state of the players available to ireland in the long run him picking an U21 manager and continuing as manager is the best thing for ireland, as a quick fix manager who gets some results isnt going to help in anyway.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Kerr MUST STAY

having second thoughts now i heard mark lawernson wants him to stay :)

I take the point about the change between hand and charlton but I'd suggest that charlton was a better manager than hand and he was available/ wanted the job...

I think he started so well that maybe he should get another shot, maybe he needs to bring in some new coaches. I do believe it will be very difficult for kerr or anyone who comes in to rebuild the team, expierence wise we are weaker than i ever remember..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Dave O' Leary was interviewed and they just played the interview on Newstalk 106. he said he wants the job in the future but now is not the time.

O' Leary is definitely out of the race!!!

Kingp35 wrote:
    Dave O' Leary was interviewed and they just played the interview on Newstalk 106. he said he wants the job in the future but now is not the time.
    O' Leary is definitely out of the race!!!

About time someone has actually seen the light , ive been saying from day one that o leary does not want the irish job until he has done al he can in teh english game. Day 1 i mean mccarty leaving.People beter get their heads screwed back on and get it out of their heads o'neill will not be teh next irish manager !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Time for Kerr to Go I'm afraid(and he can take half the FAI suits with him) but I would not want to see him hounded out of the job. I dont care who takes over as long as he is not tactically negative. I would have liked to see Joe Kinnear get the job at one time but I;m not sure if he's up to it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Its time for teh FAI to give Kerr a job in teh FAI be it a move upstairs or something with youth football. He should go but they should give him a role in the FAI if he wants it.

Kerr has taken the Irish team as far as he can, Gr8 at junior lvl but what the last campaign has shown that he doesnt have the experiance at top level. Manager of the Irish National team is the big time.

The FAI should chase/beg/make offer cant refuse to Martin O'Neil <has done good things with Leicster and Cetlic, he absolutly will get teh best out of the players we have. I also think that the Ireland job might be very attrative to O'Neil as its part time (effectively-not a Mon-Sun job like managing Cetlic etc) and he might be looking to get back into the game after the difficulties with his family life.

cant see anyone else good enuff, so the blazers in the FAI should get their fingers out and make it happen. If Kerr is in charge i cant see us ever qualifying for a major competition again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I'm reading stuff like the FAI couldn't afford manager's like O'Leary, how much do people think Doug Ellis pays O'Leary?

How much do people think Martin O'Neill earned at Celtic?

How much do you think it would cost to get these guys on their current salary at a quarter of the work load? It's not much more that what the FAI currently pay Kerr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

In fairness it is time to go for Kerr, and I agree he dosen't deserve to be hounded out. I, as much as anybody, have been demanding his resegnation, but it is fair to say that at the time I wanted Kerr as manager, I think he deserved his shot at the top job, and he got it. He has been excellent for Irish football, and we owe him a lot.

But put very simply and bluntly, he failed when he got his shot, he did try his best, he's a likeable character, and I wish he had sucseeded, but he didn't. It's now time to go.

If McCarthy had left after the WC, he'd probably be a bit of a legend round these parts, but he didn't leave when the fans wanted, he over stayed his welcome, and then blew his whole reputation in 2 disasteres games. If kerr stays on, he'll be doing nobody any favours, especially himself.

Thanks for all the effort Brian, you worked really hard and tried your best, and all the fans really appreciate that, but it wasn't good enough.

Time to go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement