Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kerr out or Kerr In?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

He should be given another chance
    I wouldn't be sure O'Leary doesn't want the job, he's hardly going to come out and say he does want it, wouldn't that put the FAI in a great position.

It's going to be a nearly a year I think before we play a competitive game and a month is a long time in football. The bookies have installed O'Leary as favourite and I reckon at the minute he is favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

If Kerr was to go I would honestly love Roy to get it but there's very little chance of that happening. If the host nation of the world cup and most populated country in Europe can appoint a novice, we can too. :)

Sorry but I wouldn't want Roy Keane at all, he has no experience at managing. If he starts managing and does well then by all means he is an option in the future but surely not now. Also I really really doubt he would take the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

eirebhoy wrote:
    If Kerr was to go I would honestly love Roy to get it but there's very little chance of that happening. If the host nation of the world cup and most populated country in Europe can appoint a novice, we can too. :)

troll-licious

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

irish1 wrote:
    The bookies have installed O'Leary as favourite and I reckon at the minute he is favourite.

But then why would he do an interview saying he doesnt want the job? This would surely hurt his chances of getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Article in todays Indo saying the FAI are targeting Ferguson and Keane to be honest I don't believe a word of it, firstly the FAI would not be able to afford him, secondly the same thing always happens when Ireland are looking to get rid of a manager, big names are bandied about to give the public the impression that they have someone big lined up and public opinion turns against the current manager. Then when the manager resigns we have the usual people applying for the Job, Aldridge, Stapleton and Joe Kinner.

For me Kerr deserves another shot, McCarthy had 3 full campaigns before he qualified for a major tournament (and remember this is when Roy was at his prime and the players he had coming though where the likes of Duff, Robbie and O'Shea) Duff and Roy Keane were out of the Swiss match if that had happened in McCarthy’s time there would not have been a hope in hell of getting a result.

Do you honestly believe the likes of Aldridge or Stapleton or some middle of the road premiership manager would get more out of the current squad?? Causes if you do then you are kidding yourself.

Look at the midfield on Wednesday night…Kilbane can’t get his game for a team that is bottom of the premiership, Holland can’t get his game for Charlton, Reid overweight and looks very unfit can’t get his game for Spurs and John O’Shea who struggles to get his game at Left-back for Utd. What were his options for midfield a journey man pro who was shown up against Cyprus for being the limited player he is and Stephen Reid who has been playing on or off for Blackburn. I mean it does not take a genius to work out that we do not have the players and it does not matter who is in charge it will not change this fact.

FAI target Ferguson and Keane to lead Ireland into brighter future in the aftermath of the disappointing 2006 World Cup campaign under Brian Kerr

THE FAI are targeting a dream team of Alex Ferguson and Roy Keane to succeed Brian Kerr at the helm of the Ireland soccer team.
    Association chiefs are prepared to wait until the end of the Premiership season next May in the hope that they can entice Ferguson to become manager with Keane as his assistant.

With Ireland set to be fourth seeds for the Euro 2008 qualifying campaign and the FAI needing to generate millions from the sale of corporate boxes and premium seats to pay their contribution towards the cost of the new Lansdowne Road stadium, the FAI desperately needs to ensure that interest in the national team remains at its current high levels.

They believe that Ferguson, the most successful manager in the history of the English game with 27 major trophies including a Champions League title, is the man for the job and can have the same impact that Jack Charlton had when he was appointed in 1986.

After 19 years at the Manchester United helm, Ferguson is coming to the end of his managerial campaign at club level and his former assistant Walter Smith will be leading their native Scotland into the Euro 2008 campaign.

The fact that Scotland will be seeded fourth along with Ireland in the draw for the Euro 2008 qualifiers is also likely to help the FAI pull Ferguson.

Another big factor in the FAI's favour is Ferguson's long-standing friendship with FAI Chief Executive John Delaney and his father Joe, the former FAI Treasurer.

Delaney senior, on behalf of the FAI, sounded out Ferguson ten years ago to be Jack Charlton's replacement and was politely turned down although the United boss left the door open.

At the time, Ferguson said he was flattered but that the time wasn't right for him to accept the job, even on a part-time basis.

With John Delaney now in the Chief Executive's seat in Merrion Square, Ferguson can be assured of the full and unbridled support of the association.

In addition, Kerr has ensured that the Irish squad's set-up is on a par with any top Premiership club.

PRESENCE

The presence of Keane as Ferguson's assistant would greatly assist the Scot's integration into the job as the former Irish skipper is part of the current Ireland squad as well as being the present Manchester United captain.

And it would mean that Ferguson could then groom the Corkman to be his eventual successor.

Other names likely to be in the frame include former England, Barcelona and Newcastle United manager Bobby Robson, who would be viewed as a stop gap appointment because of his age, while the fan's favourite at this stage is former Celtic boss Martin O'Neill and the bookie's have plumped for David O'Leary.

Kerr's contract ended on Wednesday night and the association's Board of Management will meet next week to review his performance and decide whether or not to renew his contract.

It's odds on at this stage that the ten directors will not give Kerr a chance to make amends for the failure to qualify for next summer's World Cup finals even though he has left the door open.

"If the association want me to continue I will certainly consider continuing," said Kerr in the aftermath of Ireland's failure to reach the play-offs on Wednesday night.

U21 manager Don Givens, who took over in a caretaker capacity when Mick McCarthy resigned three years ago, is expected to once again step into the breach in the coming months until a new manager is appointed.

In a statement issued yesterday Delaney paid tribute to the commitment and dedication shown by Kerr, his players, backroom team and the Merrion Square staff in the quest for World Cup qualification.

"Unfortunately, despite the highest levels of planning and preparation by Brian and all the support team, our collective efforts have not been sufficient to take the squad to Germany next year," said Delaney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Look at the midfield on Wednesday night…Kilbane can’t get his game for a team that is bottom of the premiership, Holland can’t get his game for Charlton, Reid overweight and looks very unfit can’t get his game for Spurs and John O’Shea who struggles to get his game at Left-back for Utd. What were his options for midfield a journey man pro who was shown up against Cyprus for being the limited player he is and Stephen Reid who has been playing on or off for Blackburn. I mean it does not take a genius to work out that we do not have the players and it does not matter who is in charge it will not change this fact.

You are taking the p1ss? All of the players you have mentioned have played almost every game for their respective teams this year. And Holland is the Charlton captain and has been out injured recently.

And as for the Indo article. :rolleyes: Why do people go to the trouble of quoting this tripe. There's no way in hell Fergie will be taking over the Irish job. NO WAY IN HELL!! And any jouranlist worth his salt would know that.

B.

I don't think it has a chance. Sure wasn't Bob Paisley mooted for the job in 86 but it never happened?

Anyway as much as I want Kerr out next by Wednesday I'd kiss his feet and beg him to stay if I thought the only alternative was that 'charming fellow' Ferguson and that '100% committed' 'top chap' of his The Traitor. 'However' that said tho if AF got the job I'm sure he'd probably find some way to 'to solve' the statistical 'mystery' of how ManU players regularily miss international duty thru '100% genuine' 48-hour 'injuries'.

I think you better edit your post Pigman.

B.

• Advertisement

good thinking baz. It's so smooth and PC now you couldn't guess which bits needed changing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

There is no chance of ferguson taking the Ireland job. For one there is no way we could afford him because I would imagine he is one of the top paid managers in the PL. Secondly the FAI always throw around top class names when they are looking for a new manager. I have no idea why this is, perhaps to give us Irish fans a false sense of hope but these managers never usually even apply for the job. It always ends being some lowly manager or inexperienced manager.

One thing I do know for sure is that I hope to god Bryan Robson doesnt get the job. He is an awful manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

According to that well known accurate source The Sun ;) Sir Bobby Robson is being lined up as a replacement for Kerr!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2005470692,00.html

BaZmO* wrote:
    You are taking the p1ss? All of the players you have mentioned have played almost every game for their respective teams this year. And Holland is the Charlton captain and has been out injured recently.

In the last 4 games for Spurs Andy Reid started one and was taken off after 60 mins and came on as a sub in the other for the last 10, did not get a run out in the other two. Kilbane has played 4 out of 7 games for Everton who are bottom on the table. Holland has been back from Injury since early September he has only played 20 mins of football in the 4 games since then; Luke Young is actually the captain of Charlton not Matt Holland. O'Shea has only been getting his game at Utd because of injuries if Ferguson had a full squad to pick from then O'Shea would not get into the back 4.

So maybe you should get your facts right before questioning my comments. Its people like you calling for Kerrs head who think it will be a quick fix solution well it won't as we don't have the players now and we don't have the players coming though, I ask you now who do you think the FAI will get that will do a better job then Kerr?

I ask you now who do you think the FAI will get that will do a better job then Kerr?

Absolutely anybody. I honestly cant think of a single manager that would have made the amount of tactical blunders that Kerr did. We dont have the greatest bunch of players but making ridiculous decisions is not going to help the situation is it. He has to go, end of story

If I'm approached about the job in the future, I'd like to do it," O'Leary told the Sun newspaper.

We don't have a competitive game for a year and if Villa lose to the blues this weekend he could be looking for an exit door. He's not very popular with Villa fan's at the moment. As I said earlier he's hardly going to come out and say he wants it now is he. Only issue is his contract 3 years at a million a year left, expensive buy-out and Deadly doug would want every penny.

• Advertisement

Kilbane can’t get his game
    Kilbane has played 4 out of 7 games for Everton
    You what? He's played in every game they've played this season including European matches. Granted they're not playing great, but "can't get his game"? Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Holland can’t get his game for Charlton
    AFAIk he was injured and is just finding it hard to get back into an in from team. But he was the captain before he was injured.

Reid overweight and looks very unfit can’t get his game for Spurs
    Overweight? That old chestnut! :rolleyes: He's missed 2 of spurs games this season. Can't get his game eh?

John O’Shea who struggles to get his game at Left-back for Utd.
    O'Shea has only been getting his game at Utd because of injuries if Ferguson had a full squad to pick from then O'Shea would not get into the back 4.
    So now you're changing your position from "can't get his game" to "he's only getting his game because people are injured"?? Hmmm interesting argument there! What difference does it make? He has played every game for Utd. this season.

Stephen Reid who has been playing on or off for Blackburn
    I like the way you didn't mention that one in your last reply. Wonder why that was? Maybe something to do with the fact that he has played every game for Blackburn this season perhaps?

So maybe you should get your facts right before questioning my comments.
    Ha ha! Ditto.

Its people like you calling for Kerrs head who think it will be a quick fix solution well it won't as we don't have the players now and we don't have the players coming though, I ask you now who do you think the FAI will get that will do a better job then Kerr?
    What Kingp35 said.

B.

Once again you are getting your facts wrong...

You what? He's played in every game they've played this season including European matches. Granted they're not playing great, but "can't get his game"? Yeah right. :rolleyes:

No you are wrong Kilbane has not played in every game as I stated before get your facts right.

AFAIk he was injured and is just finding it hard to get back into an in from team. But he was the captain before he was injured.

Luke Young was given the captaincy for this season nothing to do with Holland being injured. Holland will struggle all season to get back into the team.

Overweight? That old chestnut! :rolleyes: He's missed 2 of spurs games this season. Can't get his game eh?

Since September he has started one game for Spurs, Reid was knackered in the second half against the Swiss, I have seen him many times up close training for Ireland and I am telling you he carries extra weight.

So now you're changing your position from "can't get his game" to "he's only getting his game because people are injured"?? Hmmm interesting argument there! What difference does it make? He has played every game for Utd. this season.

I never said he "can't get his game" what I did say was "John O’Shea who struggles to get his game at Left-back for Utd" which is true if Ferguson had everybody avaialble to him he would not play him at left full. The difference it makes is the fact that these lads are not good enough to get into there first teams week in week out.

I like the way you didn't mention that one in your last reply. Wonder why that was? Maybe something to do with the fact that he has played every game for Blackburn this season perhaps?

He has not started every game. He has played a part in every game.

Seriously mate, check your facts.

B.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Once again you are getting your facts wrong...

No you are wrong Kilbane has not played in every game as I stated before get your facts right.

Luke Young was given the captaincy for this season nothing to do with Holland being injured. Holland will struggle all season to get back into the team.

Since September he has started one game for Spurs, Reid was knackered in the second half against the Swiss, I have seen him many times up close training for Ireland and I am telling you he carries extra weight.

I never said he "can't get his game" what I did say was "John O’Shea who struggles to get his game at Left-back for Utd" which is true if Ferguson had everybody avaialble to him he would not play him at left full. The difference it makes is the fact that these lads are not good enough to get into there first teams week in week out.

He has not started every game. He has played a part in every game.

he caught you out on nearly every point and you are changing your story on most of them, why not just admit you are wrong?

Maybe you count coming on for 10 mins as getting your game but I don't. If that’s the case Robbie is playing week in week out for Spurs. Is Kilbane good enough? Is Holland good enough? Is Reid? These lads are struggling to get into there sides at the moment; they are in one game on the subs bench the next. Not one of these players has started in every game for there teams.

My point is when you take two class acts like Duff and Keane out of the Irish Midfield we are seriously stuck for quality, surely everybody can see that?? What can a manger do about that?

• Advertisement

Tell you what mate, you just keep changing the argument to suit yourself. :rolleyes:

B.

lol....OK mate answer this one and I leave you alone.

Do you count coming on for 10 mins as getting your game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

getting back on topic.....

someone said the FAI cant afford the likes of O'Leary and Martin O'Neil, BS!
    what we cant afford is to not qualilfy for the European Champs and especially the next world cup.

Is the FAI short of money? ....LOL! the are raking it in, govn gives them a lot of funding and because there was no national stadium built we should invest in a solid foundation of management. (did they get 40million recently >or is that the poverty stricken :D GAA i'm thinking about) 3/4 million for a 4 year contract for someone like O'Leary or O'Neil is worth it if it gets success on the pitch.
    If the FAI want to save some money to invest in a quality manager then fire some of the blue blazers in Merrion square.

lol....OK mate answer this one and I leave you alone.

Do you count coming on for 10 mins as getting your game?

There you go again changing your argument. You stated categorically that all these players were struggling to get their game for their respective clubs and I proved you wrong. Can you actually tell me how many minutes each of the players played for their respective teams. The teams that they can't get their games for.

B.

In the Premiership...

Andy Reid 440/720
    Matt Holland 26/360 (he was only available in the last 4 games)
    Kevin Kilbane 400/720
    Stephen Reid 650/720

OK Reid is my mistake, I hold my hands up and apologise. But if you look at the other 3? If you look at the mins on the pitch for September alone then they get even worse. Reid after a run of the first few games has bairly figured for Spurs. Holland can't get a look in.

I mean Everton are desperate this year and yet Kilbane is in and out of the team, if he can't nail down a first team place there he should not be playing for Ireland but as I said in my first post Kerr does not have much choice.

So right let me see. As it stands, you accept that you were wrong about O'Shea and you were wrong about S. Reid?

So that leaves us with Andy Reid, Matt Holland, Kevin Kilbane.

Now you also accepted that Holland has recently come back from injury into a team that is in incredible form. Now I'm no premiership manager but why rock the boat changing the line up of a team that is doing exceptionally well to accommodate a player coming back from injury?
    And also AFAIK he's only been available for the last 3 games.

So that leaves Reid and Kilbane.

You've stated on several occasions that Kilbane can't get his game for Everton. Let's look at that shall we?

Gameweek 1 - 15
    Gameweek 2 - 90
    Gameweek 3 - In Europe but he played
    Gameweek 4 - 74
    Gameweek 5 - 65
    Gameweek 6 - 10
    Gameweek 7 - 57
    Gameweek 8 - 90

He didn't play much of a part in Week 1 and 6 but the rest of the stats are not those of someone that can't get their game.

So that leaves Andy Reid.

Gameweek 1 - 90
    Gameweek 2 - 90
    Gameweek 3 - 90
    Gameweek 4 - 90
    Gameweek 5 - 0
    Gameweek 6 - 66
    Gameweek 7 - 20
    Gameweek 8 - 0

AFAIK he was suspended for one of the games not really 100% on that tho.
    But again, not really the stats of player struggling for his place.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i wouldnt want to see o'leary in, not the best at all. martin o'neill might be up for a part time job?!?

meet kerr at a gig once he was an absolute fool afterwards. if we had paperazzi like in england he would have been all over the paper. on a footballing level thought he would have been good but the guy doesnt know how to attack or play wingers on their side or motivate players. he has no place on irelands future - may be a good assistant but doubt he would drop.
    dont know if this has been stated but the starting line up should have been:
    Given
    carr dunne cunningham harte
    s.reid holland kilbane a.reid
    keane morrison

and should have finished (if the last ten minutes were 0-0):
    Given
    Dunne Cunningham o'shea
    holland
    s.reid
    a.reid
    elliot morrison keane doherty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

its comical the way the only reason people think kerr should stay is because "ah sure i cant think of everyone else". Goes to show what a manager he was - useless. He didnt make one decent contribution to the team.

Theres no way in hell he should be given a new contract. We finished 4 in our group, thats a disgrace. Kerr decision and tactics and general management have been shocking. He made blatant mistakes that everyone except him could see. Picking Carr ahead of finnan?! Was he smoking crack when he thought of that one?

Its going to to be tough to find a new manager, but i dont care. Once its not kerr or roy keane it will be a step in the right direction.

According to someone on foot.ie Kerr is on the Late Late tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

99% of managers in Kerr's situation would have done the honourable thing and resigned by now....... that sums him up for sure.

99% of managers in Kerr's situation would have done the honourable thing and resigned by now....... that sums him up for sure.
    Eh resigned from what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Why? Whether you like it or not he is the future of Irish soccer.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Then things aren't looking all that bright for the future of Irish soccer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Lemlin wrote:
    Then things aren't looking all that bright for the future of Irish soccer.

Depends on who is in control , Givens can now be relieved of his duties as the contract he signed under Mc Carthy runs out and the FAI dont owe him anything. Same can be said for most of the coaching staff under Kerr who he had no control over.

Mad what facts about the FAI uncover...

Kerr is on 400k a year O Leary a reported 2 mill ..... be interesting to see what the FAI do considering they in debt of 3 mil. Maybe Keane and Fergie and O Neill will take Trocaire boxes....

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Whether you like it or not he is the future of Irish soccer.

This might well be true but he certainly isnt the future of the national senior team. If you ask me he should be given the technical directors role ahead of Packie Bonner. Kerr would be the perfect man for this job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

well, it's D-Day for Kerr.
    After the past few days, I think the FAI will renew his contract for the Euro qualifiers.
    I just dont think there's anyone better to replace him... that would actually accept the position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

I concur, I dont see hwo people can think Sir Alex, O'Leary, Bryan Robson, Martin O Neill Could be considered serious candidates. When you look at the previous choices the FAI have made recently, Mick McCarthy was very untried in football managemant when he took the job, think that job at milwall? was his first before the irish job. Kerr didnt have much expierence outside the young irish setup, how some of the really quality managers can be expected to come and manage ireland is beyond me. See the FAI didnt manage to book any referees in for the UCD vs Waterford? game last night, game was delayed 45 mins waiting for a ref! typical FAI, still the same

I hate to admit that it is looking more and more likely that they will offer him a new contract if what I heard turns out to be true. I cant believe that they would even consider it. Im quite happy to allow a reletively untried manager give it a go if we cant lure the likes of MON to the job. They cant do much worse with the decision making and tactics than Kerr did. Anyone know what time the decision will be released to the public?

• Advertisement

Meeting starts at 4.30 so I suppose as long as it takes to deliver bad news.

I watched the repeat of Kerr's appearance on the Late Late Show last night and there was a point that he made that I took issue with.
    Kerr stated that he sends so much on preparation on every game and he goes through every eventuality and every possibilty and also, he studies the opposition in fine detail and plans out his tactics to suit.

Now with all that in mind is he honestly trying to convince us that after being in charge of the Irish squad for 3 matches against the Swiss, the best "Tactic" he could come up with was to lob balls up to 2 small forwards?

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

originally i was thinking he should stay, nice guy give him another chance etc,

but then i read in a paper today the facts, that we were ranked 14th and first seeds when he took over,and now we are 21st and 4th seeds, now i know world rankings mean nothing - in that they are derived from nothing,

but still i feel he should go,with all the retirements etc, i think its a perfect time for change, although those backing kerr would say he would have worked with the people replacing these retirements, i still feel its time for a fresh face, imo a foreign coach who can bring in some new ideas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

johnor wrote:
    ? game last night, game was delayed 45 mins waiting for a ref! typical FAI, still the same

I had to smile when I read that this morning. More ammo for the next time the why don't we support the Eircom league question is raised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Im appalled Brian Kerr has been given the sack,he has been made a scapegoat and there has been a witchunt in the media for sometime to get him sacked,i will be contacting the FAI to voice my disgust over this not that it's going to make any decision but ill do it anyway.

jonny68 wrote:
    Im appalled Brian Kerr has been given the sack,he has been made a scapegoat and there has been a witchunt in the media for sometime to get him sacked,i will be contacting the FAI to voice my disgust over this not that it's going to make any decision but ill do it anyway.

This "witchunt" was perfectly valid as he did a very poor job as Ireland manager. thank god the FAI had the sense to sack him. You are part of a very small minority there jonny68

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Emmet Malone wrote an excellent article in todays Irish Times about the situation.
    Anyone else read it?

Kingp35 wrote:
    This "witchunt" was perfectly valid as he did a very poor job as Ireland manager. thank god the FAI had the sense to sack him. You are part of a very small minority there jonny68

I kinda agree there. When you look at the facts.
    Kerr gets job, everybody pleased.
    Kerr wins some matches, everybody pleased.
    Kerr starts getting some dodgy results, everybody getting worried.
    Kerr keeps getting dodgy results, people start questioning his tactics.
    Kerr decides not to talk to anyone, everyone goes after him.
    Kerr doesn't qualify for the World Cup finishing 4th in the group.
    Kerr goes on a charm offensive trying to keep his job.
    Kerr's contract is not renewed.

B.

*edit - changed from saying he was sacked to saying his contract wasn't renewed. Thought most would've known what I mean't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

As far as I know Kerr was not sacked, his contract ran out and it was renewed, alot different as FAI did not have to give him a payoff to get rid or any of that.

Yeah that is correct he wasnt actually sacked they just didnt renew his contract. The FAI saved themselves a good deal of money by doing this as they did not have to pay off the remainder of his contract. Smart move

Advertisement