Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

usb 2.0 help...

Options
  • 13-10-2005 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭

Lads.....

This prob will get the most stupedist question of the year award but i really dont have a clue when it comes to puters!!!!!

I got my ipod this morning and I wanna connect it to my computer.I've had one previously (stolen) but the new ones have a usb connection.Now with my old one I connected it to the firewire port via an adapter but with this one there is no adapter.

I can connect the ipod to the back of the laptop straight into the usb port but what I am not sure of is if MY usb port is a "built in high power usb 2.0" :confused::confused::confused::confused: .........

Can anyone tell me if this is standard for all laptops bought in the last 2-3 yrs or will I have to invest in some sort of adaptor so my damned ipod will work for me!!!!

Any help much appreciated

dan :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

yermandan wrote:
    Lads.....

This prob will get the most stupedist question of the year award but i really dont have a clue when it comes to puters!!!!!

I got my ipod this morning and I wanna connect it to my computer.I've had one previously (stolen) but the new ones have a usb connection.Now with my old one I connected it to the firewire port via an adapter but with this one there is no adapter.

I can connect the ipod to the back of the laptop straight into the usb port but what I am not sure of is if MY usb port is a "built in high power usb 2.0" :confused::confused::confused::confused: .........

Can anyone tell me if this is standard for all laptops bought in the last 2-3 yrs or will I have to invest in some sort of adaptor so my damned ipod will work for me!!!!

Any help much appreciated

dan :cool:

How are ya dan!!

Hope you got the couch home ok!!

Just plug the usb into the Laptop, the worst thing that will happen is a very slow connection speeb cos it will connect at 40mb or so (usb 1 speed) rather then 440mb or so which is USB 2 speed. I reckon ur USB 2 with a 2/3 year old laptop!!

The operating system should say that ur plugging in a USB 2 device into a USB 1 connection!!

Cheers

Branners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Thanks Ian.....

Yeah got the couch home!!!!!!It fits perfectly...Thanks a mill.best of luck with the move ;)

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

If you are using XP, it will pop up a message saying "High-Speed USB device plugged into non-high speed port" or something to that effect if you plug it into a 1.1 port. If nothing comes up then it's 2.0.

Advertisement