Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formatting without tears

• 14-09-2001 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah my old PC is dying slowly so a format is in order. Only thing is ive never done a format in my life. So i need someone to direct me to a good webby wheres its explained in a clear manner yadda yadda so if stuff starts going wrong i know how to fix it or better yet prevent it. Also i cant seem to make a startup disk which my hazy knowledge tells me is required cos it cant find some files on the Widnows 98 CD i have for my PC. Suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

mail me at wwman@hotmail.com
    and ask your question.
    too drunk to read, but willing to answer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Before I start are you still in america?.......

If so

Start Rant......

So while america is out getting sloshed, us Irish, 3000 odd miles away are spending our motherfúcking friday night at home sober (most of us) In morning for the americans etc bla bla bla Well fúck that.

End rant.

If you're not in america I apoligise.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Ok it's quite simple really:

1. Make some tea
    2. Make sure you have all your drivers, especially the modems as this can allow you to get drivers you missed once online. Also make sure your Win98 key is around.
    3. Back up your data (especially your donkey pr0n)
    4. See if your PC supports booting from cd (go into your BIOS and change the boot order) If it doesn't then make a boot disk in Add/Remove programs.
    4. Reboot to MS-DOS
    5. Type format c: /q (the q is for quick and it is)
    5a. Sweat a little, make some more tea, press enter.
    6. Very important DO A COLD REBOOT (switch the PC off and back on)
    7. Put Win98 cd in drive and boot up and stuff. Setup Windows.
    8. There's is no eighth instuction.
    9. Download tonnes of digrading donkey pr0n.
    8. Bake a cake. Make some tea. Have a wánk.

The End

(God it's like being back on windows support again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

woops
    post error

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

once you finally have your modem instaqlled, go to www.donkypr0n.com
    it roxors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

and dont forget to make the tea

also dont forget to make sure u have a valid win cd key other wise ull kick urself . like my ehm..."friend did"

and back up ur favorites as thats somthn i always forget ... opp ment to say friend to that one . now whers that edit button

Advertisement