Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aungier street poker society?

Options
  • 13-10-2005 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

was expecting to see the poker society at the clubs and socs day(s) but didnt. Does anyone know what the deal with this soc is?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

A friend of mine in bolton st,says it was down there. He managed to sign up in bolton st. I was on the look out for it in aungier st too.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

i know the sketch

some guys pulled out at the last min, so they missed aungier st socs day, but will be recruiting at their first event in two weeks. they said to me that anyone interested should just look around aungier st for posters in the weeks to come

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

cheers peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭beamo

yeh cheers got a bit annoyed i didnt see anything about it during the week but seems all good

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

actually i saw them counting and sorting all of their chips today

irrelevant but true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭DjDangerousDave

The guys that ran it last year are in 4th year now so they dont have the time to give. Im on the mailing list the address is ditpokersociety@yahoo.co.uk so give that a mail and im sure they will add you.

Dave.

Yea myself and a couple of others are getting involved this year. Both Jeff and Anto will be pretty much unavailable come after christmas so they are looking for more people to get involved in the organisational side of things, you can drop me a pm on here or just email them at the address above
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

when is the poker on.

Theres a game on in aungier street at four on thursday, 5 euro in. Should be a prizepool of around one thousand hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Just in case you are unaware - There is a bumper Xmas Poker Marathon going on all day Thursday December 8th.

Including STT's in the morning and qualifiers for a €1 buy-in to the 2.00 main game which will be €10 otherwise.

Omaha will be played during the morning as well I think.

At 12.30 registration for the 2.00 game starts and There's free DIT Poker Marathon T-Shirts for the first 100 who register....

I won last Thursday's game, so if you knock me out, you get a €5...

For more info, check out the posters all over Aungier St.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

sounds good to me.for the morning game do you have to be there at 9:30 or can you join in at around eleven.is there any heads up games.

I think, and don't quote me on this, but I think that any time during the morning if there's 7/8/9 people around who agree on a buy-in amount, then an STT can be established...

I think there was talk of heads-up games as well but I'm even less certain on this than the above point.

In summary, I don't know. :D

Ahh shaking Stevens how's it going. I believe you are correct about both stt and head up games.

There are also 1 euro sats for the main event, those should be loadsa fun hehe.

By the by I'm the chap that finished second to you.

shoutman wrote:
    Ahh shaking Stevens how's it going. I believe you are correct about both stt and head up games.

There are also 1 euro sats for the main event, those should be loadsa fun hehe.

By the by I'm the chap that finished second to you.

"Maybe Next Time" Teeling, great to hear from you... I'm a bit concerned that it seems not a single winner of a DIT tournament has reached the final table on any of the other 3 occasions, prior to or after their win.....

Yeah, I checked the poster and heads-up games are provided for....

I'm sure you'll get your vengeance on me one day, just hopefully not this Thursday.... You played well, but my chip lead from the Bad Beat where I rivered the queen, meant I would've had to throw my chips away to lose or just be edged out on tough hands like KK vs AA.....

Hope to see you Thursday (at the final table...)

yea i'll be back hehe

Looking to rake in the money on thursday. I'll be there all day playin in the stt's and the main one should be a cracker good luck

Advertisement