Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE W800i or K750i?

• 13-10-2005 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

which one is better?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭jones

basically the same phone in different covers. more free memory with the 800 though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

and different software (music player), plus a dedicated music key... "better" up to you to decide really - unless you have any specific requirements that the Sony Ericsson site or reviews sites haven't covered
    http://www.mobileburn.com/
    http://www.mobile-review.com/index-en.shtml
    etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

The 3 big differences are the Covers, the memory that comes with the phone and the the W800i's media player which can be used when the phone is turned off. so it can be used on a plane its called flight mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Richie6904 wrote:
    so it can be used on a plane its called flight mode

if you can convince the cabin crew that it isn't "working" as a phone when they tell you to turn it off :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Richie6904 wrote:
    The 3 big differences are the Covers, the memory that comes with the phone and the the W800i's media player which can be used when the phone is turned off. so it can be used on a plane its called flight mode

thanks for that, i think thats the clencher! i fly quite a bit, would definitly come in handy

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

paperclip wrote:
    thanks for that, i think thats the clencher! i fly quite a bit, would definitly come in handy

don't think this will work, very doubtful the cabin crew will believe you when you tell them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

they should be grand, just take out the sim and wave it in their face. my 6630 works without sim and they were cool about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

on an easyjet flight recently, there was a pre-recorded message that requested that all mobile phones be turned off. Completely off, not even flight mode. What's the point of having a flight mode if they won't let you use it? Madness!

It depends on the airline some will allow it some wont. I think budget airlines dont let you but bigger ones do.
    its the whole cd player thing again some airlines let you some dont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i'm still usnsure which one to get, i can still see airlines being anal about the flight safe thing.

is the camera better on the 750i?

• Advertisement

Its the exact same camera as the K750i. The 3G store in the square are sellin them sim free for wait for it €549. it has such a cool packaging. They also had the N90 for €749.

let the airline be anal about it untill the captin tells me to turn it off its stayin on flight mode.

The K750i can be flashed with W800i firmware so it can have flight mode

Advertisement