Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom adsl ripping us off...what can we do?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

The once "mega overpriced" Beam offer could now save lots of you guys ca$h.

heavy initial investment but it would be returned to you with true 24/7 unmetered broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

About the boycott issue. I don't think there needs to be a boycott as such. Very few people will take up the offer and those that do will be heavy ISDN (mainly business) users. I don't think Eircom are seriously looking to make money off ADSL. I think they are responding to political pressure and are seeking to do so in such a way that they don't lose market share. I think they are quite happy making money off ISDN, PSTN and leased lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Straker

Yep. Only alternative (... even starts to look competitive) is satellite. Just the thought of knowing I'd never have to deal with €ircon, let alone feed their "greed" makes me smile. :)

And Beam have the ability to offer VOIP, you could dump Eircom forever!!!

And that "V" not only means voice but video.

now where is the mums VISA??
    ;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Straker

Originally posted by SkepticOne
    I don't think Eircom are seriously looking to make money off ADSL. I think they are responding to political pressure and are seeking to do so in such a way that they don't lose market share. I think they are quite happy making money off ISDN, PSTN and leased lines.

European political pressure, without EU directives €ircon would never have introduced ADSL at all. The company still projects the same old staid, conservative, & familiar, persona. Man do we need competition. :/

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Straker
    Man do we need competition. :/

Thats it, but Eircom have the power to stop this...dead____
    i do wonder how Esat make money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

LOOK! here!

Anyone that agree`s that the current price structure from eircom for adsl is fair or acceptable:eek: just has not got! the Intelectual capacity to comprehend the math and that we are being screwed and should not accept this monopolistic pricing structure that is on offer.

Only by resisting and taking a stand will it have an effect on getting proper price structuring, supply and demand is the basic principle here, they supply it at a price and if the demand is to purchase at this price then were totaly screwed cos some fools and there money are easly parted and dont see the bigger picture.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by BoneCollector

Only by resisting and taking a stand will it have an effect on getting proper price structuring, supply and demand is the basic principle here, they supply it at a price and if the demand is to purchase at this price then were totaly screwed cos some fools and there money are easly parted and dont see the bigger picture

thats what eircom want.
    theres no way to beat it.
    Eircom make lots of cash if you get DSL and they make lots if you dont.

Advertisement