Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What IBB thinks of this board

• 13-10-2005 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

I was on to the so called "technical support" again about my problem with literally no connnection at all since 10 days. Since I reported that case last Tuesday I was basically on to IBB everyday but there was neither any improvement nor at least a clear statement from IBB.

So I told that guy today that it seems I'm not the only one experience massive problems with their network and their non existing customer service since a lot of people report simiular cases every day on boards.ie.

Guess what this guys answer was: Don't take that board serious and you shouldn't look for advise there. Those people complain about everything and most of the people complaining about us are not even customers.

Isn't that great? They do not even ignore those issues, they even blame those people to be liars.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭arcane99

I sent them a bolloxing email last night about a 26kbps connection and told them about the deleted support emails which are on view in this site. I am now going to post or fax any complaints to them from now on. At least you know that they will get them, even if they dont pay any attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭aubhall

mlink73 wrote:
    I was on to the so called "technical support" again about my problem with literally no connnection at all since 10 days. Since I reported that case last Tuesday I was basically on to IBB everyday but there was neither any improvement nor at least a clear statement from IBB.

So I told that guy today that it seems I'm not the only one experience massive problems with their network and their non existing customer service since a lot of people report simiular cases every day on boards.ie.

Guess what this guys answer was: Don't take that board serious and you shouldn't look for advise there. Those people complain about everything and most of the people complaining about us are not even customers.

Isn't that great? They do not even ignore those issues, they even blame those people to be liars.

Funny, 1st of all thats unprofessional as most co.'s i have worked (or on behalf off) for usually warn you not to voice any opinion unless you state its only your viewpoint. However saying that its also not good to voice an opinion when you might annoy the customer.

As for the "most of the people complaining about us are not even customers", some WERE customers not all are current but its not hard to tell that.

my 2 cents

I am surprised there has being no reaction from IBB re:- deleted e-mails, very bad for buisness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yes, I would well believe that. The day I rang them at 9 am one day .. no internet access and was without internet access ALL Day. I rang them again at @ 2pm and asked why my original call was not escalated. "There were not enough complaints". I was seriously pissed off.

I mentioned boards.ie to the tech rep saying .. do you realise how imcompetent your company is as regards supporting customers.

"Oh, sure every ISP gets the same on that website".

IBB .. I reckon they will fold up over the next few years, now that they have competition.

I had 2 techs out at my house the other day and I mentioned to them about the fact that there is NO way they are monitoring contention ratio. A residential connection should NOT be bombed out at 10am .. when everyone is at work!! Being a tech myself, I asked them many questions .. and the pair of them just looked back at me .. as much as saying "you are right".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

IBB do look at these boards on a regular basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

They WON'T fold... they are a wholly owned subsidiary of a very stable corporation that manages two toll bridges... i.e. they're rolling in it.

• Advertisement

It doesn't matter who they are backed by. If their customers are unhappy with the service then they will move to a competitor. If a company gets a bad name it sticks for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭todd10k

moved to metro today, aint turning back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

3 words people
    IBB DONT CARE.

i seen a new install in rathgar today, so we all know what they are going to think of the service soon, and the installers didnt really install it well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Well when Ibb first rolled out we heard about it here, they got a lot of customer and exposure via boards.ie.
    And at first when things went screwy we got real answers and help and support
    here.
    Even had one of our issues sorted out via pming rather then the phone.

Then things changed and they got bigger over loaded thier network and
    dropped off here completely.

They know full well what account number is assocated with the IP myself
    and SpookyDonkey are on.
    The issues we have had are farcial but that does no make them less real.

I would not be surprised at this stage if our connection never gets fixed,
    it could be that it can never be the stable connection that is stated in
    the contract we signed and at this stage and the ammount of emails, pms
    and phone calls they are hoping we will bugger offself where and stop
    pointing out when they are letting down thier side of the contract.

They could well be telling thier frount line customer service people that,
    but I am sure they know who is connecting to boards.ie vis one of thier IPs.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

bubby wrote:
    "Oh, sure every ISP gets the same on that website".

If they believe that then then are deluded.

You rarely ever hear complaints about NTL, Digiweb, Clearwire, Netsource or UTV.

People often complain about BT's billing department, but not there service.

People sometimes complain about Eircom being a monopoly, prices, etc but rarely complain about their service.

The major problem with IBB seems to be that many users are getting sub dialup speeds or no service at all, no other company has these sort of problems and the problem seems to be compounded by customers not being able to get any help or even response from IBB customer service.

Every company gets complaints from time to time, however what is important is:

1) The severity and number of complaints.
    2) How the company responds to the complaints.

For both points IBB gets a failing grade.

• Advertisement

in fairness to the lads they are swamped from the time they arrive to the time they leave, They answer every call they can and solve what they can. certian people scalls are not answerd but there is little that can be done at the moment.

Thaed,

I'm sure they do! In the real world they would have to have a way of tracking what is going on on their network. Just like a proxy I say, but they don't give a toss. I'd say the turnover is pretty high in their customer wize at the moment. It has to be.

I was working for one of the first companies in Sandyford to get IBB. At that point it was VERY fast. I fought for months to get my employer to get a decent connection as I was fed up developing in VI over a 56k modem shared with about 4 web surfers. IBB in those days was nothing short of excellent.
    It was same quality a year ago when they installed it at my house.

It is only in the last 2 months (since I got the .. we have upgraded you to 2MB letter) it has all gone pear shaped.

The tech let slip the other day that this upgrade may have been from 1MB to 2MB .. but with higher contention. I told him to put me back on 1MB. There was nothing in the letter about contention being higher!

But then .. we all know .. they can't monitor contention so thats a farce!

BrookieD wrote:
    in fairness to the lads they are swamped from the time they arrive to the time they leave, They answer every call they can and solve what they can. certian people scalls are not answerd but there is little that can be done at the moment.

I don't doubt that .. but thats an issue for them to take up with their employer .. not to give as an excuse to a customer when a call isn't escalated on time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

BrookieD wrote:
    Of course, you have to ask WHY are they swamped? Could it be because of their horrible internal network, massive packetloss and insanely spikey pings? If so, would't fixing their network not only give people a much better connection but also stop them being "swamped" with calls complaining about the exact problems their not fixing?

i know that more people have been and continue to be employed on the support desk. it will get better in time but there will be no quick turn around to these basic problems.

BTW i do not work for IBB, I used to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

IBB are one of the worst BB providers in Ireland. BEWARE PEOPLE !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭PlasmaFish

Knock!, Knock! IBB say hello!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

todd10k wrote:
    moved to metro today, aint turning back.

Nice, is the service as good as it looks on their webby?

I had a look at the metro packages and I like the 3mb/512 only thing that bothers me is the 40:1 contention. Very tempted to give them a call regardless, anythings better than ibb atm even dialup...(wonder where I left that modem).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

BrookieD wrote:
    i know that more people have been and continue to be employed on the support desk. it will get better in time but there will be no quick turn around to these basic problems.

BTW i do not work for IBB, I used to
    :mad:

U left before sorting out my 2 month refund for ****e service. To top it off although I cancelled my account and the equipment was took away I still received a monthly invoice for September. The bastards had better not debit my account...

Just because you left IBB does not absolve you of the crimes they have committed. IBB are guilty of fraud, deception & false advertising.

Macker1,
    I had no option but to leave I was away for over week on personal leave and left on the same, in relation to your refund i did all i could and forwarded all information on to people that can put this in place. I will however make a call tomorrow from my home to IBB to help this along. There is nothing else i can do. but you are wrong on one point leaving IBB dose indeed clear me as I never made your connection bad, i did all i could to help get it fixed and tried very hard when you asked for a refund. I have nothing to be guilty about. PM if you want to discuss further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Macker1 wrote:
    Just because you left IBB does not absolve you of the crimes they have committed.

That could well be the most moronic comment I've ever read on boards. Congratulations on that one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Macker1 wrote:
    Just because you left IBB does not absolve you of the crimes they have committed.

Is this for real?, you're blaming a former employee for the general incompetence of an entire company?, I can't even begin to explain how you're wrong to say that.

Macker1 wrote:
    :mad:

U left before sorting out my 2 month refund for ****e service.

LOL .. and now to pay penance he is being chansed by you on boards.
    He doesn't work there anymore .. leave him/her alone! Ha ha!!

rymus wrote:
    That could well be the most moronic comment I've ever read on boards. Congratulations on that one...

I got shafted for 3 months by IBB and was lucky to escape to a more reliable ISP.

I feel no guilt in complaining strongly and if more people did so IBB might realise that they need to change they ways. I have nothing personal against brookieD. as he is no longer an employee of IBB. That said however I felt badly let down at the time and brookieD was the person dealing with my emails.

The bottom line is that I'm owed 2 months refund for nigh on 2 months and have been sent an invoice for Sept a month after my account was cancelled.

If you ever had dealings with IBB you would know the frustration they cause. :cool:

Laguna wrote:
    Is this for real?, you're blaming a former employee for the general incompetence of an entire company?, I can't even begin to explain how you're wrong to say that.

At least brookieD copped on and left IBB. I'm sure he had his reasons, but I'm certain that working for such a poor company and lack of support from senior management in dealing with the deluge of customer issues were factors in his decision. :)

fair enough you got screwed by IBB as many did. However, if you got food poisoning from McDonalds, would you blame the company or the guy that served you the burger?

It's something at least that you can say it's nothing personal against Brookie. Heres hoping you get your money back but going by the practices of other Irish ISP's, you more than likely won't.

rymus wrote:
    fair enough you got screwed by IBB as many did. However, if you got food poisoning from McDonalds, would you blame the company or the guy that served you the burger?

It's something at least that you can say it's nothing personal against Brookie. Heres hoping you get your money back but going by the practices of other Irish ISP's, you more than likely won't.

The amount of money involved is quite small but its the principal of being promised a refund that drives me on. To take your McDonalds analogy further if I got ****e food served I would definately get compensation. I have PM'd BrookieD acknowledging his offer to make a call to IBB. Whatever about getting the refund I certainly don't wnat any further monies taken for a cancelled account. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 n0tsane

Last edited by mlink73 : Today at 13:55.

I have worked for several contact centers around the world.
    Customer service centers out side of Ireland are a joke. Agents that do not speak English, have no tech ability and have call targets to meet.
    Since I have been back in Ireland I have worked for a couple over here. You say that you where ringing then everyday for an update on your fault!!!.How about you given then a chance to even look at your fault. Most of the attitude you are receiving is probably a result of then sick of listening to you and you not giving then a chance to fix the problem in the first place.
    In regard to the “Don't take that board serious and you shouldn't look for advise there. Those people complain about everything and most of the people complaining about us are not even customers” comment I have looked through boards and have found that indeed you do complain about all the other providers and that your good favor is given to new isp’s that have not done anything to you YET!!
    But God help then if they do.
    From looking at other post just on Irish Broadband there is a select group that have had a bad experience with then.
    You never hear about the good they may have done. Why because irish people only say something when it goes wrong.
    How many of you at the start of a problem got good service.
    I know some of the people who work for isp’s in Dublin and when they fix a problem they do not even get a thank you.
    Very contact center has problems. But to be honest from talking to the tech support and customer service in several call center for isp’s the one I am most impressed with is Irish broadband, there tech knowledge ,general help are above all others.
    When I finally get a broadband connection I will be getting it from Irish broadband.

And the fact that brookied is willing to ring from home after he had left Irish Bb just shows the level of service those people are trying to achieve.
    Fair play BrookieD You are one of the good guys.

Macker1 wrote:
    Whatever about getting the refund I certainly don't wnat any further monies taken for a cancelled account. :rolleyes:

Get onto your bank and cancel the direct debit then...

• Advertisement

n0tsane wrote:
    I have worked for several contact centers around the world.
    Customer service centers out side of Ireland are a joke. Agents that do not speak English, have no tech ability and have call targets to meet.
    Since I have been back in Ireland I have worked for a couple over here. You say that you where ringing then everyday for an update on your fault!!!.How about you given then a chance to even look at your fault. Most of the attitude you are receiving is probably a result of then sick of listening to you and you not giving then a chance to fix the problem in the first place.
    In regard to the “Don't take that board serious and you shouldn't look for advise there. Those people complain about everything and most of the people complaining about us are not even customers” comment I have looked through boards and have found that indeed you do complain about all the other providers and that your good favor is given to new isp’s that have not done anything to you YET!!
    But God help then if they do.
    From looking at other post just on Irish Broadband there is a select group that have had a bad experience with then.
    You never hear about the good they may have done. Why because irish people only say something when it goes wrong.
    How many of you at the start of a problem got good service.
    I know some of the people who work for isp’s in Dublin and when they fix a problem they do not even get a thank you.
    Very contact center has problems. But to be honest from talking to the tech support and customer service in several call center for isp’s the one I am most impressed with is Irish broadband, there tech knowledge ,general help are above all others.
    When I finally get a broadband connection I will be getting it from Irish broadband.

And the fact that brookied is willing to ring from home after he had left Irish Bb just shows the level of service those people are trying to achieve.
    Fair play BrookieD You are one of the good guys.

Your a brave man to even consider getting IBB. There are more than enough complaints about IBB to worry anyone. Incidents of poor support are not isolated and I firmly believe that if they were doing a good job that they would get their deserved praise. The bottom line is that they are a joke of a company that do not have their customers best interests at heart. If they did improvements would have been made by now. BrookieD certainly appears to be one of the few good ones but he no longer works there so what does that tell you.

In the current climate of the RIP-Off republic it is more imperative than ever before that unhappy customers do not take any crap from any company. If you pay the monies you deserve the service. :mad:

Advertisement