Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What IBB thinks of this board

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

if someone wants to see the true intellect of IBB and their webmaster go to the breeze support form and try and fill in a IP address also can someone tell me where the pic for the cream/black box is...

shower of muppets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭edunon

I've been with IBB for 6 months now. The first months was ok, downloading 1.5 gb a day. After 2 and half months the conection went really slow, worse than dial up, called them and they said seems to be lot of traffic in the area...
    After few calls and no solutions I called my bank and stop payment. After 3 weeks or so the conection went smooth again, almost 2gb downloaded a day. I'm waiting for them to ask me what happen with payment and then will move to magnet. Their package phone+digital tv+4mb broadband looks really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

edunon wrote:
    I've been with IBB for 6 months now. The first months was ok, downloading 1.5 gb a day. After 2 and half months the conection went really slow, worse than dial up, called them and they said seems to be lot of traffic in the area...
    After few calls and no solutions I called my bank and stop payment. After 3 weeks or so the conection went smooth again, almost 2gb downloaded a day. I'm waiting for them to ask me what happen with payment and then will move to magnet. Their package phone+digital tv+4mb broadband looks really good.

Link to this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭edunon

This package looks really good value, and they are in my area, Donnybrook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭arcane99

sikes wrote:
    if someone wants to see the true intellect of IBB and their webmaster go to the breeze support form and try and fill in a IP address also can someone tell me where the pic for the cream/black box is...

shower of muppets

Yes, pretty poor, but to do the ip, leave out the . dots. I know, poor.

Take a look at the techical documents, still using the wire mesh mmds antennas.

The Government might give them a contract for some services.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

arcane99 wrote:
    The Government might give them a contract for some services.

They did, IBB are supposed to provide BB to pretty much every school in Galway City,none done yet IIRC :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭arcane99

Can anyone post the list of tests the IBB support staff email to you to test after you complain...I am still waiting for Peter from Tech support to send them to me since Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

arcane99 wrote:
    Can anyone post the list of tests the IBB support staff email to you to test after you complain...I am still waiting for Peter from Tech support to send them to me since Thursday.

In relation to your connection problem i would like you to run
    a few tests and record the data so we can trouble shoot this for you.

1) Please go to the following site
    ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/ftp.debian.org/debian/ and try to download
    the file named ls-lR which is 27Mb in size. Right Click this file and save
    to the desktop on the PC. If you are using Internet Explorer please
    double click on the named file and choose "save as" and this will show a
    window with download speeds. Delete this file when finished.
    Please record the download speed on a screen shot and attach it to this
    mail. This is important as it will update the open ticket.

2) Please do a ping test by completing the following:-
    Click Start/Run and type CMD (For Windows 98 Type Command), when the DOS
    window opens please type ping -n 100 www.google.com please record the
    result either as text or
    a screen shot. we do not need all the pings just the summary report at
    the end

3) After this test please do a tracert using the DOS Window test by
    typing the following
    "tracert www.google.com" and record all data from this test.

4) Save all this information and email to us.

Once we have this we will be in contact with you within 24 hours to
    update you on the issue.

Regards

Irish Broadband Customer Support

I used command prompt ftp for test 1 in order to get a speed

make sure you put the following in the subject of the email you send them or else it will be lost:

[irishbroadband.ie #place ticket number here]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 andmor

I did all these "tests" and more back in July at the request of some guy called Tristan.

Weeks of fruitless telephoning later and a Darren Brooks appeared on the scene, then he went off sick?

Now somebody called Brian Cahill phones up and says he wants us to do all sorts of tests at our end because they can't see our connection (this is the first time they told us anything like this). Says they have to send out an Engineer (yet again!). Last guy who came spent two hours fiddling around and then made our so-called 2 MB service even worse than before he came.

We are preparing legal action against IBB for breach of contract etc. etc. Has anyone any experience of going this far? Tried Comreg but they seem to be powerless.

If we had any other option we would have burnt their antenna 6 months ago!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

why if it is all so bad do you not jsut terminate your contracts with them and go with an alternative provider?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 GS404

bk wrote:
    Google - 120 - 140ms
    boards - 20 - 40ms
    uk sites - 40 - 50ms

As somebody who has arrived here form Scandinavian and used what would be "eircom" there, I used to sit on a 1MB connection. All my games in the country would have pings ranging from 12-40ms. other Scandinavian countries would have a ping around 40-60, UK servers, 60-160. US Servers would be 300 (east coast) to 360 (west coast) So the speeds above...**** yea! I'm on for those!

To be honest, I see alot of people complaining, about IBB service and lantency problems. I'll have mine installed today and can then taste for myself. but most say I dont exspect a 7ms ping for all of ireland, specially not when its on a wireless connection! (Getting ready to get flamed) Besides....we're in Ireland...when the F. does anything go fast here? ;)

Advertisement