Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horrorthon festival

• 13-10-2005 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi all first time poster, listen, if you are interested in horror movies, the "horrorthon " club in association with the IFI are having another horror weekend this october 28-31 . click on the link http://horrorthon.com
    or phone the IFI for details 01-6793477. see you there !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

went along to the horrorthon this year, my first time, and saw the majority of films (walked out on cut and run, and missed three on monday).

Gotta say it was great, even the crap films (and some of them were really crap) were enjoyable. Great atmosphere in the cinema for the movies.

I drink your blood and candysnatchers I think benefitted from the atmosphere, and were great fun to watch.

Although I reckon the brother's grimm was a bit of strange choice for the surprise film, gotta say I expected the exorcist prequel (the good one!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

i was there for the whole thing too, only missed half of cut and run - id seen it before anyway.
    think the highlight for me was seeing friday the 13th on the big screen. i liked hellbent too, very funny. The Brothers Grimm was an odd choice but it went down well and was good fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

had planned on going to this to see the surprise movie and a few others but got sick and missed the whole d@mn thing. was really looking forward to it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

I missed it last year for the first time in five years so I was hoping to do all day Saturday and Sunday this year. Circumstances led to me only seeing five films...

Candysnatchers until Friday the 13th and then Brothers Grimm and The Dark the next day.

Candysnatchers was gloriously bad, i've never laughed so much when the guy was laughing at the kid being a mute... Antibodies was pretty good, quite enjoyable. Friday the 13th was rocking on the big screen. Grimm was okay. The Dark was utter ****e. Despite the presence of Bean.

I can't believe I missed Deodato. I was raging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Lodgepole wrote:
    Candysnatchers was gloriously bad, i've never laughed so much when the guy was laughing at the kid being a mute...

That part was fantastic, especially when he called his wife in to look at the kid!

But, I drink your blood was so much better (or worse) then that, the kid in that was fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

Cactus Col wrote:
    That part was fantastic, especially when he called his wife in to look at the kid!

But, I drink your blood was so much better (or worse) then that, the kid in that was fantastic!

yeh, cant go wrong with Rabies!!

Candy Snatchers was ok, but it felt really long. the bit with yer man laughing was fantastic though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

I don't even want to know how good I Drink Your Blood was... God damn not being able to go to the last two films. I was looking forward to that one even more than Cannibal Holocaust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

DAm it sounded a great weekend. I was away that weekend so I wasent making it. Ive never been to this and I really wana make one perhaps next year.

Advertisement