Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed!

Options
  • 13-10-2005 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Hiya folks,
    I just got BF2 and when i load it up, the screen goes blank with just the mouse pointer. I then get a Graphics Card error. I checked the EA site and it appears that it is because of my card acting funny towards this game. I have a Radeon 9200 256mb card. The recommendation from them is to update your Graphics drivers and Firmware. Graphics drivers i can do, but have no idea how to update firmware. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Have you tried just updating your drivers? I can't see why they'd get you to mess with your firmware, that can be dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

yup, updated the drivers but no change. The card meets all requirements but still doesnt run the game right so they said updating the firmware fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

My game loads grand but when i get to the slect weapons scree the mouse freezes, i can see and hear the game fine but the mouse just freezes. I have an ATI X700 256mb, 512mb Ram, Anone got any suggestions on how to fix this?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Same thing happened with my 9200,heres how to fix it.
    right click on the ati icon in the taskbar, select settings/ati display settings. go to the smartguard tab and change the AGP setting to 4x.

So just set the AGP setting to 4x and tick fastwrite on,then click apply and ok.When you load up bf2 make sure you set all options to low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Nalced_irl

Ah brilliant. Im out right now but will try it when i get home. Thanx a mill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

My game loads grand but when i get to the slect weapons scree the mouse freezes, i can see and hear the game fine but the mouse just freezes. I have an ATI X700 256mb, 512mb Ram, Anone got any suggestions on how to fix this?

What version of the Catalyst driver are you using?

I had a 9800 that had a lot of problems with the cat 5.8.

Went back to Cat 5.6 and it got rid of a lot of problems.

Try an older/newier catalyst driver. Might fix it. Also are you running XP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Nalced_irl

uberpixie wrote:
    What version of the Catalyst driver are you using?

I had a 9800 that had a lot of problems with the cat 5.8.

Went back to Cat 5.6 and it got rid of a lot of problems.

Try an older/newier catalyst driver. Might fix it. Also are you running XP?

Think i have Catalyst 5.9
    And yup, running XP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

I installed 5.10 drivers nd it works grand! Thanks a mil!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

Hey,

Forgot to come back and say thanks. Its working fine now. Cheers for all the help guys!

Advertisement