Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Spots in Galway

Options
  • 13-10-2005 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Seen an article in the Galway indepdent yesterday about hotpots in galway. I was hoping to read more about it in the advertiser but cannot see it.

Anyhow it was on about wireless hotspots and that it would be free to existing eircom customers but anyone else would have to buy a day pass or there abouts. Small article so don't have any more details.

Anyone know anymore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Well, I know that Rabbitt's pub on Forster Street has free wireless. I just saw the sign in the window, haven't been over to try it out, yet.

Beer and computers, a dangerous mix ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

WarPubbing

I'm going to get the use of the maithair's laptop some weekend and slap in my Orinoco and see what's available...from the comfy confines of Galway's finer drinking establishments.

Shop St. // office blocks would be prime areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i think eyre square is going to be Wi-Fi too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

The Forge Pub will be giving free wireless as soon as Moycullen set up the WiFi broadband network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Both McDonalds apparently have free WiFi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

dawballz wrote:
    Both McDonalds apparently have free WiFi.

both? there are three in galway! which ones do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Im guessing Shop St. and near Omniplex.
    Im looking for a place to surf the web on my PSP! Yea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

toiletduck wrote:
    both? there are three in galway! which ones do you mean?

Oh sorry... didn't know there was 3.. yeah its the Shop St and Headford Rd ones apparently..
    Where's the other Maccy D's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

there s one in westside near dunes stores....

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

I didn't realise mcdonalds offered it. I'll have to get out a laptop and take a look around.

Maybe supermacs will offer it. Good sales pitch if anyone's business involves setting up wi-fi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Imagine all the scumbags in Supermacs after closing time in the clubs with their laptops out surfing the web like its no one's business..

Talk about fighting that'll go on..

I can see the headlines: "FPS spills over into IRL in Supermacs"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

And you'll have one lunatic bouncing around the place going "Quad - Quad - Quad - Quad"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

I'm dancin'! I'm dancin'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

I wanted to use McDonalds' wifi service but would you believe they actually asked me for my McAddress? I told them that I wanted no part in their corporate relabeling of my home and promptly left

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Maybe they meant your Mac Address

I noticed that my installing eircom BB and their sw stops me from connecting to hot spots. I had to uninstall Netopia and reconfig my netwok adapter.

Advertisement