Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alverion Equipment

• 13-10-2005 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Anyone ever hit the reset button on the IBB alverion box. What about setting held on the box. Any snmp or telnet access that anyone has come across.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

HI
    You will lose any settings on your Radio if you reset, it will then cost you 150 bucks to have IBB come back to install all settings in the box. also all radios are set for "management from wireless only " when installed and this means even if you get a config tool and manage to get the password for the radio you still wont be able to get anything from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭PlasmaFish

arcane99 wrote:
    Anyone ever hit the reset button on the IBB alverion box. What about setting held on the box. Any snmp or telnet access that anyone has come across.

It's no point trying. the reset button just resets the connection none of the devices setting will change. the only way to restore factory setting is to software reset it by using it's MAC address.
    This i would not recommend to do as like BrookieD said you'lll get charged €150 to set it up again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i assumed you got into the box by using a specific ip number on say the computer to access the ip number on the CPE, then you will need a name and password to get in.
    afaik, there are settings in the CPE to select which speed you are on.

just a word of warning, if by chance you get access to the CPE and adjust your settings you WILL have a visit from a call out team to change your radio over and have blocked access untill this is done. Also as above all radios are set for MANAGEMENT from wireless only. This means from IBB support. If you get access to the CPE then you can not do anything as you have access from Ethernet and the CPE will not respond to commands.

better not to waste your time trying ;-)

BrookieD wrote:
    just a word of warning, if by chance you get access to the CPE and adjust your settings you WILL have a visit from a call out team to change your radio over and have blocked access untill this is done. Also as above all radios are set for MANAGEMENT from wireless only. This means from IBB support. If you get access to the CPE then you can not do anything as you have access from Ethernet and the CPE will not respond to commands.

better not to waste your time trying ;-)

I dont care really, i dont have IBB, an ibb man told me.

• Advertisement

Sparky_S wrote:
    I dont care really, i dont have IBB, an ibb man told me.
    Eh? :confused:

BrookieD wrote:
    Eh? :confused:

its in response to your previous post.
    Information im not sure that is true but nonetheless i was told.
    I havnt tried such, as i dont have IBB, bar the ripwave several months ago.

Advertisement