Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tramco?

Options
  • 13-10-2005 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fantana

is it over 20/21 on saturdays???????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

crapo

yeh gr8 help thanx :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 crazychick!

i walked in there on a saturday night at 16 and didnt get checked for id at all, but i hear its tougher for lads!!pretty sure it aint over 21s on saturdays tho. its not the best tho, like inside is cool enough but, wel there were too many old pervy knacker guys hitting on girls when i was there d last time!eww!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I dont know of any club that has 18/21/23s restrictions anymore.
    They cant refuse you on those grounds afaik.
    However, they can still say "sorry lads, not ta-noight" if they dont like the cut of your jib.

Dubguy - Have the Sig Police been at you yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Tramco? more like trap&co... it's full of knacks..

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

They changed the law back shortly afterwards,they are alowd have 18/21/23 if they want but with that they cannot stop you on what you are wearing and race etc....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

two words...JAY ZUS

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

actually if they say to you "sorry its over 21's tonight lads" all u have to say is "do u have a sign stating that its over 21's?" (if they do then just walk away) if not then there clearly false advertising, and if they say "sorry lads - not 2night!" and u ask for a reason and they say d aul "not obliged to give you one" then stand aside and see if they let other people in, IF they are letting other people in approach them again and say "why was i not allowed in?" same again "dont have to give u a reason" all u have to say is "thats discrimination" and ask for there manager, DONT LEAVE until u get a manager, this has happened with me and my mates about 200 times, so much so that they just let us walk in at this stage :D

wow i'll so that.hopefuly they just let me in while i bat my eyelashes at them! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

ADO wrote:
    actually if they say to you "sorry its over 21's tonight lads" all u have to say is "do u have a sign stating that its over 21's?" (if they do then just walk away) if not then there clearly false advertising, and if they say "sorry lads - not 2night!" and u ask for a reason and they say d aul "not obliged to give you one" then stand aside and see if they let other people in, IF they are letting other people in approach them again and say "why was i not allowed in?" same again "dont have to give u a reason" all u have to say is "thats discrimination" and ask for there manager, DONT LEAVE until u get a manager, this has happened with me and my mates about 200 times, so much so that they just let us walk in at this stage :D

how is it discrimination if they havent given you a reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i walked in there on a saturday night at 16 and didnt get checked for id at all, but i hear its tougher for lads!!pretty sure it aint over 21s on saturdays tho. its not the best tho, like inside is cool enough but, wel there were too many old pervy knacker guys hitting on girls when i was there d last time!eww!!

if you dont want older guys hitting on you go to a u18s.

idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

if you dont want older guys hitting on you go to a u18s.

idiot.

exactly what i was thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

theres a bit of a difference between 18-21 year old guys and the odd 35year old knacker you see in clubs, thats probably who she was complaining about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Yeah those odd 35 year old guys are weird, and nearly every club has a few.
    I liked tramcos on a monday night, good crowd and it's a laugh but haven't been there in about a month so it might be different.
    I know some guys who are like 30-40 who go to tramcos but they're barmen in pubs in rathgar and other places and it's the only place to get a drink after work(thats reasonably local).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭butters scotch

tramco isn't over 21's on saturday or any other night. i like it and most of the time when i go there its good, the last couple of times i went though its been absolutely jammers and you couldn't even move so annoying...

Was there last night, good crowd and easy access to the bar so it was a great night overall.
    Got very drunk :D Spent €140 and the drinks were €3.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Tramco is the definition of a meat market. The whole layout makes you feel like you are being herded into a chemical bath. Really full of slapers.

On the odd old guy in places there will be a lot more in the years to come. Less and less people are getting into steady relationships so more of you will be single at that age. I know you won't belive me but when you are this age in a night club re-living some of your youth this will pop into your head :D

I can't really stand night clubs now so rarely go and when I do I don't tend to go to one with a ton of kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jesabella_1

Really full of slapers.

i go.... :-/

Tramco is the definition of a meat market. The whole layout makes you feel like you are being herded into a chemical bath. Really full of slapers.

On the odd old guy in places there will be a lot more in the years to come. Less and less people are getting into steady relationships so more of you will be single at that age. I know you won't belive me but when you are this age in a night club re-living some of your youth this will pop into your head :D

I can't really stand night clubs now so rarely go and when I do I don't tend to go to one with a ton of kids.

I go to tramco most Monday nights and I've never seen either an underager there, or slappers so I really don't know what you're on about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

There are pleanty of underagers on a Wednesday night and even more slappers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭spikeprint

tramco is a hole

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

rb_ie wrote:
    I liked tramcos on a monday night, good crowd and it's a laugh but haven't been there in about a month so it might be different.
    I know some guys who are like 30-40 who go to tramcos but they're barmen in pubs in rathgar and other places and it's the only place to get a drink after work(thats reasonably local).

Is Tramco a person? Is there more than one Tramco? Why do you call it Tramcos?:rolleyes:

I see Tramco as the local night club for the Rathmines/Ranelagh area. This being the main southside area for students and young professionals from the country, it is frequented by people who fit that demographic. I think people are a lot more genuine there than in most places. Much more chance of someone actually speaking to you in the smoking area.

you cant bate copperface jacks!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

you cant bate copperface jacks!:D

Eh yes you can, i used to think it was a great place till some sleeze bag thought it would be nice to introduce his hands to my gf's rear end :mad: Believe it or not you can see the Sleeze in the air!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

rb_ie wrote:

Well, excuse us for breathing :)

Im 33, I drink in tramco the odd time when toast if Toast is quiet or late drinks are needed on a non-weekend night. I probably should add that ive been doing that since tramco first opened - about 6 or 7 years ago (i think).

The way i see it, That gives me more right to be there than you :)

What exactly is wierd about people over the age of 21 going to clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭Trampas

Is there any nightclub out there that someone doesn't say its a hole, have knackers, slappers etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

"What exactly is wierd about people over the age of 21 going to clubs?" - I think its more when they go to clubs mostly populated by 16-20 year olds thats the problem, not clubs in general. Feel free to go Sachs or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Tramcos is the most disgraceful nightclub in Ireland. I thought Id seen it all when I went to Redz but Tramcois took the biscuit.

Went after the Ireland v Swiss match a few weeks back. They had some cheesy as fcuk live band and DJ playing. At one point the theme tune from Skippy the Bush Kangaroo was played, I swear to god and sh1t you not. There was zero dance music and only about four rap songs (which none of the rural or stuck up UCD folk seemed to either know or know how to dance to). And as for their admission policy, they questioned me for nearly a mi8nute before deciding to let me in, and yet later on people wearing county jerseys were walking in! (all provincial, tbh id doubt a Dub jersey wearer wouldve got in unless he had a UCD card)

All in all, yid have better craic at a youth disco. Appaling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Blut wrote:

"What exactly is wierd about people over the age of 21 going to clubs?" - I think its more when they go to clubs mostly populated by 16-20 year olds thats the problem, not clubs in general. Feel free to go Sachs or something!

Tramco isnt populated by 16-20 year olds though. Its the only nightclub in rathmines and has always had an 18-30 type of crowd.

Ill avoid a few places like the plague for exactly the above reason, but tramco sure isnt one of them.
    There was zero dance music and only about four rap songs (which none of the rural or stuck up UCD folk seemed to either know or know how to dance to).

Well, its not really a scumbag type of place. Try a few places in town for 'de rapih r&b an rap choons bud"

Advertisement