Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tramco?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Tha Gopher wrote:
    I thought Id seen it all when I went to Redz
    Quote from something: Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
    Tha Gopher wrote:
    Went after the Ireland v Swiss match a few weeks back. They had some cheesy as fcuk live band and DJ playing. At one point the theme tune from Skippy the Bush Kangaroo was played, I swear to god and sh1t you not. There was zero dance music and only about four rap songs (which none of the rural or stuck up UCD folk seemed to either know or know how to dance to). And as for their admission policy, they questioned me for nearly a mi8nute before deciding to let me in, and yet later on people wearing county jerseys were walking in! (all provincial, tbh id doubt a Dub jersey wearer wouldve got in unless he had a UCD card)

All in all, yid have better craic at a youth disco. Appaling.
    I've heard similar horror storys about this infamouse skoppy the kangaroo shite being played 5 times in one night at one of the DIT nights in Tramco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

Morning Star,

> Tramco is the definition of a meat market. The whole layout makes you feel > like you are being herded into a chemical bath. Really full of slapers.

I think you are plain wrong.

If you really, *honestly* think this about TramCo's, and your not making this statement in an attempt to allude to being important (while demonstrating you're a bit of a snob) then please extrapolate on your basis for making this statement:

- How often have you been there in the last 5 years?
    - What nights do you go there on?
    - Is *fun* one of your criteria for where you choose to go?
    - When you go out, do you usually, non-judgementally, attempt to have a good time, or do you stand around looking down on people and classifying them as slappers?
    - Based upon your own critera, can you name five clubs that are do not feature, as you describe, a significant density of "slappers"?

Tha Gopher:

- Do you always base your opinions of a place on one experience you've had there? Maybe you had a crap night one night, and maybe you're more likely to score at a youth disco, but the DJ plays what the audience requests...

In my experience, TramCo's is one of the biggest night clubs around, has a good sound system, reliably good atmosphere , there is minimal trouble, the bouncers are pretty decent, and so are most of the people who go.

It's also inexpensive (free in Sunday -> Wednesday), open 7 nights a week and on Sunday to Wednesday, it's usually not too packed, with a variety of student crowds of various age ranges (typically 19-25) many of whom are really good fun.

*Loads* of people I know are very fond of TramCo's because they so often have a good time there.

Yes it's pretty busy on Friday and Saturday and the clientele are more varied than the reliably fun student crowds (from tourists / to locals / to younger party goers) and the dance-floor can be pretty packed, but this is no different to most of the nightclubs south of st stephens green in the direction of D6 at the weekend, or most of the nightclubs in temple bar, though there may be older crowds .

*I think TramCo's is fun and I suspect it's detractors may not be*

- Thomas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Tramcos is the most disgraceful nightclub in Ireland. I thought Id seen it all when I went to Redz but Tramcois took the biscuit.

Went after the Ireland v Swiss match a few weeks back. They had some cheesy as fcuk live band and DJ playing. At one point the theme tune from Skippy the Bush Kangaroo was played, I swear to god and sh1t you not. There was zero dance music and only about four rap songs (which none of the rural or stuck up UCD folk seemed to either know or know how to dance to). And as for their admission policy, they questioned me for nearly a mi8nute before deciding to let me in, and yet later on people wearing county jerseys were walking in! (all provincial, tbh id doubt a Dub jersey wearer wouldve got in unless he had a UCD card)

You want dance music, go to Spirit or something.

If I walked into a club and they were playing dance music, I'd walk straight back out and ask the people at the door for a refund on the admission(providing there was one) btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Will probably end up there tonight I've just been informed, So maybe some of the S Club Juniors might want to steer clear in case theyre exposed to Old People Smell

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Would consider checking this plce out.
    Where exactly in Rathmines is it?

• Advertisement

Near enough to St.Marys, same side of the road also.

Is that on the Rathmines road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

turbot wrote:

Tha Gopher:

- Do you always base your opinions of a place on one experience you've had there? Maybe you had a crap night one night, and maybe you're more likely to score at a youth disco, but the DJ plays what the audience requests...

It's also inexpensive (free in Sunday -> Wednesday), open 7 nights a week and on Sunday to Wednesday, it's usually not too packed, with a variety of student crowds of various age ranges (typically 19-25) many of whom are really good fun.

Yes it's pretty busy on Friday and Saturday and the clientele are more varied than the reliably fun student crowds (from tourists / to locals / to younger party goers) *I think TramCo's is fun and I suspect it's detractors may not be*

Having fun in a nightclub is where you are out on the floor giving it loads with lehtal tunes pumping . Is Tramcos full of slappers? Maybe, but if they are playing Skippy and The Killers how in the name of god am I meant to be on the floor pulling them? The place is simply devoid of any proper atmosphere. The music is sh1te. The crowd dont care (why oh why can someone tell me what the reason is, that generally speaking university students love sh1te music?)

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Having fun in a nightclub is where you are out on the floor giving it loads with lehtal tunes pumping .
    I presume you're talking about dance music yet again, the majority of people don't like that crap (I included) so don't tell me what fun is.It's fun to you and your mates.
    Tha Gopher wrote:
    Is Tramcos full of slappers?
    Depends which night.
    Tha Gopher wrote:
    Maybe, but if they are playing Skippy and The Killers how in the name of god am I meant to be on the floor pulling them?
    The Killers are class(imo and MANY MANY others opinion) and are played in nearly every good club in the city, that skippy song isn't meant to be taken seriously.
    Tha Gopher wrote:
    The place is simply devoid of any proper atmosphere.
    Yeah cause a room full of people on yokes "dancing" to ****e(imo) dance music is a "proper atmosphere"
    Tha Gopher wrote:
    The music is sh1te.
    Thats your opinion, I (and many MANY more) are happy with it
    Tha Gopher wrote:
    The crowd dont care (why oh why can someone tell me what the reason is, that generally speaking university students love sh1te music?)
    Sh1te is YOUR OPINION, many people are into that kind of music so, you're welcome to voice your opinion regarding the music but at least respect others opinion.
    Why is it that, generally speaking, people who love dance music also love drugs?Now, thats only generally speaking remember.

As I said, if you're looking for your definition of "proper atmosphere" and "good music", off you go to Spirit, Traffic or some other place thats ridden with that and the crap that goes along with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

rb_ie wrote:
    Sh1te is YOUR OPINION, many people are into that kind of music so, you're welcome to voice your opinion regarding the music but at least respect others opinion.
    Why is it that, generally speaking, people who love dance music also love drugs?Now, thats only generally speaking remember.

Why is it that people who like "pop" music love to get hammered?

Can you also point out where the gopher said he liked dance music?

• Advertisement

Why is it that people who like "pop" music love to get hammered?
    I don't know, I'm not into pop btw but I'd prefer to hear it& r'n'b in a club than dance music.
    Don't even try comparing drink with drugs either btw.

I would have taken the complaint of a lack of dance music in the following quote to at least hint that they liked it.
    Tha Gopher wrote:
    There was zero dance music and only about four rap songs (which none of the rural or stuck up UCD folk seemed to either know or know how to dance to).

Senordingdong: I think its the Rathmines road yeah(not sure of the name of it). The main street in Rathmines with the swan centre on it, Tramco is near the end towards town.

Complaining that they didnt play dance music was a bit of a givaway in all fairness. Plus the fact that he says "lethal tunes" and manages to misspell it indicates hes just the sort of dance gob****e that rb is inferring he is.

BTW, went there on tuesday. Had fun with a good few people my age laughing at all the people your age :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

rb_ie wrote:
    I don't know, I'm not into pop btw but I'd prefer to hear it& r'n'b in a club than dance music.
    Don't even try comparing drink with drugs either btw.

I would have taken the complaint of a lack of dance music in the following quote to at least hint that they liked it.

Why shouldnt i compare drink with drugs?

He also complained that there were only 4 rap songs aswell. Similair to the kind of music you like to listen to in a club. Interesting.

He also complained that there were only 4 rap songs aswell. Similair to the kind of music you like to listen to in a club. Interesting.

You know you're wrong here, just admit that myself and Dustaz are right.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Dustaz wrote:
    BTW, went there on tuesday. Had fun with a good few people my age laughing at all the people your age :)
    yeah but you probably fell asleep in your drink

kaids wrote:
    yeah but you probably fell asleep in your drink

Nah, but i did fall asleep a couple of nights later waiting for people to get back from a lock in that id had enough of. True story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Tramco's the same as any other nite club.

If you're not into that sort of thing you won't like it.

Some people maintain they hate nightclubs, for whatever reason, but if
    you're gettin some action because you wouldn't really give a sh!t would you?

No place is that good or bad really, it's what you make out of the night and who is with you at the time.

I never saw too many scangers at Tramco anytime I was there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

U need to speak a language other than english to get by in there now! Not like the days when I went there n u cud pick up fairly easy! Now the burds have standards (and boring boyfriends!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

rb_ie wrote:

The Killers are class(imo and MANY MANY others opinion) and are played in nearly every good club in the city, that skippy song isn't meant to be taken seriously.

Yeah cause a room full of people on yokes "dancing" to ****e(imo) dance music is a "proper atmosphere"

Thats your opinion, I (and many MANY more) are happy with it

As I said, if you're looking for your definition of "proper atmosphere" and "good music", off you go to Spirit, Traffic or some other place thats ridden with that and the crap that goes along with it.

Firstly, The Killers are not class, they are quite possibly the worst generic -attract goth teenagers/3rd level students from the country fanbase- band since Nirvana. The lyrics are simply unbelieveable. Whilst my anti Killers rant is almost entirely off topic I can never resist an opportunity to berate them :) Trust me, theyll be gone in five years.

What makes me laugh is that all the Killers heads etc, all the fans of the midweek student club nights in Boomerangs et al, they NEVER pull a bird. The lads getting birds are the ones out on the floor givin it loads to Tiesto, Insomnia etc etc. Its simnply impossible for anyone to dance well to a tune like Somebody Told Me (personally my toes still curl in embarrasment at the lyrics regarding an ex`s boyfriend who looks like the guys former girlfriend). I dont think rb understands the disappointment of spending a huge chunk of your wages in a sh1te nightclub. Altogether between drinks and taxis my jaunt to Tramcos must have cost 80-90 quid. Two fcuking evenings earnings in work, all burned in some club run for **** by ****. Honestly, how are you meant to pull in a club that is maybe 50-75% full and the music is sh1t?

[quote}it's usually not too packed{/quote]

Exactly. You need the place heaving, the dancefloor jammed, thats a proper atmosphere. Generally Ive learned my lesson now, if it says student night I avoid like the plague, although Spirit is fairly decent on a Thursday night. Went last night, wasnt as good as the previous Thursday and towards the end they played one or two student anthems (Killers *shudders*) but they ended it on Born Slippy, which considering most student nights end with songs from the soundtrack of Grease, Slippy always a good move:)

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Firstly, The Killers are not class, they are quite possibly the worst generic -attract goth teenagers/3rd level students from the country fanbase- band since Nirvana. The lyrics are simply unbelieveable. Whilst my anti Killers rant is almost entirely off topic I can never resist an opportunity to berate them :) Trust me, theyll be gone in five years.

Yeah, too right man, theyre going to fade into obscurity JUST LIKE NIRVANA. Whos heard of that load of chancers lately eh?
    What makes me laugh is that all the Killers heads etc, all the fans of the midweek student club nights in Boomerangs et al, they NEVER pull a bird. The lads getting birds are the ones out on the floor givin it loads to Tiesto, Insomnia etc etc.

What are you dribbling about. The 'tiesto' lads are too busy yoked off their head and getting into low grade heroin abuse to even think of anything other than pimply arsed skanks. Generalisations for the win!

Its simnply impossible for anyone to dance well to a tune like Somebody Told Me

You mean its impossible for YOU to dance to anything other than generic dance and r'n'b. Most white men have this problem. Of course they fail to see that they cant actually dance very well to r'n'b either, but thats beside the point.
    Two fcuking evenings earnings in work, all burned in some club run for **** by ****.

Id advise getting a better job, or wake up and realise that going ANYWHERE for a night is going to cost you about 100E
    Honestly, how are you meant to pull in a club that is maybe 50-75% full and the music is sh1t?

This is hysterical. "I need a packed to the gills nightclub to score, the more women there, the better my miniscule chances of impessing some unfortunate woman becomes! If theyre playing dance music then theyre more than likely bikkied and up for anything... EVEN ME!"

I realise that the law of averages is your very best friend, but try losing the tracksuit and actually you know, talking to some women. 75% full sounds perfect to me.

• Advertisement

Tha Gopher wrote:

Whereas Tiesto is forever wahhhhhhhhhhh gis a yoke buuuuddddd
    Tha Gopher wrote:
    The lads getting birds are the ones out on the floor givin it loads to Tiesto, Insomnia etc etc.
    Ah ye buuddd de deadly burds wi de hoopy earins an' de boo-ib tu-ibs.

Those guys are on the dance floor giving it loads and scoring the girls that are rejected by every other guy in the club i.e the messes over exposing their cellulite covered bodies...I'm sure you know the type I'm talking about.
    Any club that plays that Tiesto and Insomnia sh1te is going to be absolutely packed with knackers/scumbags, so I'm going to presume thats the kind of "crowd/atmosphere" that you were talking about in other posts. The scummer crowd....well, good luck with that.
    Personally would NEVER step foot in a place like that tbfh.
    Tha Gopher wrote:
    Its simnply impossible for anyone to dance well to a tune like Somebody Told Me (personally my toes still curl in embarrasment at the lyrics regarding an ex`s boyfriend who looks like the guys former girlfriend).
    I'm sure what you mean by "dance" is that epileptic fit action I've seen some...shall we say rougher looking types doing when they've managed to get into a club and the dj puts on a dance track.
    I personally wouldn't call that dancing.
    Tha Gopher wrote:
    I dont think rb understands the disappointment of spending a huge chunk of your wages in a sh1te nightclub. Altogether between drinks and taxis my jaunt to Tramcos must have cost 80-90 quid. Two fcuking evenings earnings in work, all burned in some club run for **** by ****. Honestly, how are you meant to pull in a club that is maybe 50-75% full and the music is sh1t?
    Because, the only people who think the music is sh1t is those who like dance music(98.5% of whom are most likely scummers in ben sherman shirts and tight jeans with shoes that have a metal buckle on it), who believe me WILL NOT pull in a club "that is maybe 50-75% full and the music is sh1t" as they stand out a mile IMO, and its unfortunate to say but they're also looked down upon.
    Tha Gopher wrote:

Exactly. You need the place heaving, the dancefloor jammed, thats a proper atmosphere. Generally Ive learned my lesson now, if it says student night I avoid like the plague, although Spirit is fairly decent on a Thursday night. Went last night, wasnt as good as the previous Thursday and towards the end they played one or two student anthems (Killers *shudders*) but they ended it on Born Slippy, which considering most student nights end with songs from the soundtrack of Grease, Slippy always a good move:)

Yes you need it packed, then you can queue for hours at the bar...sounds like great fun :rolleyes:
    Oh you were in Spirit were you?That explains A LOT.

Dustaz wrote:
    This is hysterical. "I need a packed to the gills nightclub to score, the more women there, the better my miniscule chances of impessing some unfortunate woman becomes! If theyre playing dance music then theyre more than likely bikkied and up for anything... EVEN ME!"
    BINGO!!!!
    Thats very, very well put.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

revived!

Tramco play deadly music, and play it late enough
    [Although they stopped at 2 on results night which was a boot in the bollix]

DJ's don't understand that you can't really dance to dance music!
    [ince ince ince ince ince ince........]

I was there on Results night and it was deadly

before that, was there on a saturday and it wasnt too full, and full of 45 y/o gobsheens, so wasnt the best

Is Wednesday Student's night there?????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Tramco is shyte, it's like the same every single night you go. The dj has no imagination at all. You want to go to 21's, far better crowd aswell.

Shrimp wrote:
    Tramco is shyte, it's like the same every single night you go. The dj has no imagination at all. You want to go to 21's, far better crowd aswell.
    yes, I DO WANNA GO!

But they never let anyone in!

They check your ID, and then tell you its regulars only

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

in 21's?

never had a problem there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

21's bouncers never refuse people unless the place is too full, youre underage or you look like a knacker, I went there probably 20 times last year, half the time utterly hammered and sometimes wearing a tshirt and runners and never once had a problem.

True, it was packed the times I went

ill hafta go earlier

cos i certainly dont look like a knacker, and im 18

cheers

Do all the knacers that went to Coyote go to XXI's?

• Advertisement

Do all the knacers that went to Coyote go to XXI's?
    Not that I've seen. I don't know where they've headed tbh, but I know the crowd you're talking about. The crowd in 21's is pretty good, very few knackers the times I've been there though there are quite a lot of kids.

Haven't been to Tramco in a while, enjoyed it as usual the last time I went though.

Advertisement