Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often can you port your number?

• 13-10-2005 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

I want to try out meteor and port my number, but if I dont like can I take my number back with me? Is there a limit to how many times you can do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

There's no limit. I'm on Meteor now. Switched from O2 and i'm very happy.

If you don't like Meteor you can move to another network with your number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

I switched O2 to Meteor, then a few months later to Vodafone. It only takes a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 datsright1

Thats assuming you're pre-pay - you could port over and over and there'd be no problem.
    If you're post pay you're [normally] tied to a 12 month contract. Mind you there's still nothing stopping you from actually porting - you just get charged a cancel contract fee after it goes through if you haven't got to the end of your contract yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

If you don't get a new phone but just change over to bill pay do you still have to sign a 12 month contract? I was pre-paid when I changed over, now am bill pay so have to wait until December before I can change again! I'm getting fed up of Vodafone's silly data fees.

Advertisement