Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Compilation Returns"

Options
  • 13-10-2005 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

GigSmart Ireland is pleased to announce that,
    “The Compilation Returns” is out tomorrow 14th
    October in Tower records.

The double disc compilation album will feature dozens of bands and solo performers covering a diverse range of genres, highlighting the depth of talent in the country at present. Boasting talents such as Meteor New Comer Award nominees and Oxygen 05 performers amongst many other talented acts, the album will be instrumental in bringing to the fore, some of the most talented independent acts in the country.

Having tasted success previously in 2003 with their first compilation reaching no. 6 in the compilation charts and more recently with a string of top thirty single successes in 2004, GigSmart is hoping that the next compilation will bring some added attention to the many acts that make up GigSmarts independent music community.

GigSmart is quickly becoming recognised as a fertile development ground for success with previous and existing affiliated bands scoring record deals, meteor nominations and international tours. GigSmart has also provided a platform for acts to perform dates across the UK, US and Canada. The aim of the organisation this year to develop further in assisting Irish bands and artists to release, tour and promote their material to expanding audiences.

GigSmart “Our approach somewhat differs to most other music promotional companies. We try and promote a philosophy of community development at GigSmart. We focus on active participation within GigSmart because without it, musicians may find themselves lost in a maze of PR and brown nosing to try and get the smallest bit of recognition.

” We’re not trying to “manufacture” the next U2 here, just give the performers a fighting chance to get their music out there. Our role is in identifying just the right mix of talent and hard work and putting it in the right place at the right time, we do that and we all start to get places. The bands that have released material through GigSmart have done well, some have gone on to bigger and better things and some are still developing. We will continue to work hard to raise the profile of all the bands and of our organisation as a whole to develop audiences. Without developing the interest it cant be sustainable, we keep at it so all boats rise together, well …that’s the theory anyway”

More information can be found at: http://www.gigsmartireland.com

Available in Tower tomorrow for 16euro

2 Disc set Featuring 34 of Irelands rising stars

CD 1

Artist Band Track

Obsolete - Victim

Moesley - I’m yours

Mofro - Lost in me

Those Damned Junkee Deejays - Something Temporarily

Apollo Creed - Work it

Nassau - Blown Away

Dwight - Startin to care