Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Ipod question

Options
  • 13-10-2005 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭

Right, So if I was to buy a 30Gb ipod from the US apple website it would cost approx. $299 (E250) but if I was buyin it from the Irish site it would cost E330 (same for the 60Gb). Will they ship over here?, will it work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

No it wont work

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

Pacifico wrote:
    No it wont work

Of course it will work . . the new ipod charges over USB and doesn't even come with an AC adaptor but even when they did they worked fine . . .

Please don't be responding with such certainty unless you can be accurate !

i was replieing to "will they ship it over here?" which they wont.

I'll give as much inaccurate info as i like thank you!

Niall123 wrote:
    . Will they ship over here?, will it work?
    Pacifico wrote:
    . No it wont work
    Pacifico wrote:
    . i was replieing to "will they ship it over here?" which they wont

Whatever. . . I think its pretty clear what you were replying to . . .

. . . and feel free to give inaccurate information . . but expect to be corrected !

• Advertisement

Thank you!

Pacifico wrote:
    Thank you!

You're Welcome

Btw His "plan" as it were would not work. ie can i order from the Apple site in America, and despite what you think this is what i was replieing to....

Pacifico wrote:
    Btw His "plan" as it were would not work. ie can i order from the Apple site in America, and despite what you think this is what i was replieing to....

OK . . In that case, i took you up wrong and i apologise !

Thank you again! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Well then you'd be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

On first reading I though "will it work" was referring to "will the scam of ordering from the states work"

you can get them on ebay or get it sent to one of those US places that forward on mail. Normal iPod chargers can be plugged in with thos common leads for small cd/tape/radio players

rubadub wrote:
    On first reading I though "will it work" was referring to "will the scam of ordering from the states work"

Thanks man!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bloke

The original poster's question wasn't that clear. I interpreted it the same way as Pacifico at first. Given it can be hard to ascertain exactly what someone means in a brief post is it necessary for people to be so pedantic about it and eager to criticize others... Very annoying when you just want to read the thread and you get 12(!) posts of unrelated one-up-manship concealed in faux politeness...

Anyway, rant over, and getting back to the thread rather then become irrelevant post #13 :-)

As has been said Apple will not ship from the US. You may well get a US based company on eBay to ship from there and save some money - use the usual caution on eBay. Note that unless it's (illegally) marked as a gift, it's likely you will pay import duty when customs get their hands on it. Not sure offhand how much but a search should tell you. AFAIK you should still save some money but not near the full 80eur. May not be worth the hassle and risk.

The best way to save the money is to ask someone going over there on holidays to pick one up for you in the Apple Store. As a bribe you can tell them how cool the Apple Stores stateside are :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

another way is to get stuff delivered to your/your mates hotel. COntact the hotel and ask if it is ok first, then order it in advance of your trip to make sure it is there. I dont like asking people to take time out of their holidays to go searching for stuff in shops, but picking up a small package at your hotel during check-in is no big deal. YOU get to shop around on-line, buy out of state to avoid state tax, post withing the US is cheap.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Anyone know id they are in the shops/apple stores (no the online ones) in the US yet?

Advertisement