Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psp ucd help

Options
  • 13-10-2005 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭

hey, i've been trying to set my psp on the wireless network for ages now, all i can seem to manage when i put the address settings on easy is opening the ucd homepage, nothing else. has anyone manage to get their psp to work with the wireless in ucd? anyone got any help? thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

If you bring it to computing services they might be able to set it up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Haven't seen a PSP so I'm not sure how they're set up, but to get on the Wireless Network you need to set up to use UCD as a proxy server. Enter proxy.ucd.ie as your proxy address and port number 8484. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

hmmm i didnt know the proxy port number was 8484, i thought it was 8080, i'll give that a go on monday, thanks. you dont have to use your ucd connect username/password when using the wireless do you?

I think its proxy1.ucd.ie and im pretty sure its 8484

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Here's the list of all the proxies in UCD:
    Name Port
    posaune.ucd.ie 8484
    garfunkel.ucd.ie 8484
    garfunkel.ucd.ie 8585
    posaune.ucd.ie 8585
    carrigvore.ucd.ie 8484
    carrigvore.ucd.ie 8585
    excalibur.ucd.ie 8484
    excalibur.ucd.ie 8585

And no username or password is required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

irlrobins wrote:
    Here's the list of all the proxies in UCD:
    Name Port
    posaune.ucd.ie 8484
    garfunkel.ucd.ie 8484
    garfunkel.ucd.ie 8585
    posaune.ucd.ie 8585
    carrigvore.ucd.ie 8484
    carrigvore.ucd.ie 8585
    excalibur.ucd.ie 8484
    excalibur.ucd.ie 8585

And no username or password is required.
    nice one, thanks a lot, that worked a treat. if anyone wants me i'll be in the pat patterson cublicle in the arts jaxx near theatre L messing around on the net:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

/me wonders why they didn't use 3128 as standard. anyone else figure out the two port numbers per server thing then? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

no such thing as a standard port for proxy. Any port can be used. And they prob use a non common one as lil extra security. 2 ports per server=2 proxy processes running on each server.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

indeed - i'm rather pleasantly surprised that they noticed that squid isn't inherently dual-processor capable like httpd.

Advertisement