Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Support

• 13-10-2005 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Thought it might be a good idea to post this, since i know metro reads this board.

first off, the phone number for your tech support service is not listed on your website. otherwise, a great site. second, i hyst got my metro today, 3 meg standard 35 pm service. (excellent latency, perfect bandwidth. amazingly good. if your an IBB customer i seriously recommend you get it. absolutly amazing quality. no packet loss, no bad routing, excellent pings to british servers)

one more thing. i know i can use this service as a phone line. how do i go about this? i know i cant expect support on a third party board, so i pose this question to any other metro users. thanks in advance. also, if you guys would like me to do any tracers, or bandwidth tests, feel free to ask. im currently residing in blanchardstown, dublin 15.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭sixtysix

had it installed yesterday-also very pleased with it.
    cannot get my netgear dg834g wiresless router to work with it though. Anyone know if there is a way around or do i need a new router?
    thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

You need to have a router with an UPLINK Ethernet port.

It won't work with a normal wireless/4-port router, as I discovered when trying to do the same for a mate of mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

I'm getting mine in 2 weeks time and am just wondering how long did the guys take to install it when they came to your house??
    Also will a normal cable/dsl wireless router not work with the service???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

todd10k wrote:
    Thought it might be a good idea to post this, since i know metro reads this board.

first off, the phone number for your tech support service is not listed on your website. otherwise, a great site. second, i hyst got my metro today, 3 meg standard 35 pm service. (excellent latency, perfect bandwidth. amazingly good. if your an IBB customer i seriously recommend you get it. absolutly amazing quality. no packet loss, no bad routing, excellent pings to british servers)

one more thing. i know i can use this service as a phone line. how do i go about this? i know i cant expect support on a third party board, so i pose this question to any other metro users. thanks in advance. also, if you guys would like me to do any tracers, or bandwidth tests, feel free to ask. im currently residing in blanchardstown, dublin 15.

I dont want to pop your bubble - the company is actually called Digiweb - not Metro. I know the sales pitch was good - not that good :-)

What number are you reffering to?

Did you get supplied a phone number? If not - call into our support (042) 9393350 (i dont have the freephone number at hand) and get it sorted - they should be able to get the process rolling.

I assume you have connected to ESB Finglas then - slightly to the North East of your location?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭sixtysix

in my case it took less than an hour to install it-i'm in clondalkin and it was a very straightforward connection-depends on the house layout presumably.
    pizzahead77 thanks for that mystery solved

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

You need to have a router with an UPLINK Ethernet port.

It won't work with a normal wireless/4-port router, as I discovered when trying to do the same for a mate of mine!

I presume a Cable/Dsl Router like this would work? http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=302154&cks=PRL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

who do you get to do the installs, is it a sub contract company or just yourselfs in digiweb vans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Sparky_S wrote:
    who do you get to do the installs, is it a sub contract company or just yourselfs in digiweb vans?

Both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Chaz wrote:
    Both

cool, cant wait for some decent speeds :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

todd10k wrote:

All support details here :-

http://www.digiweb.ie/support.asp?i=75&zzz=hs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭johndanielmoore

Just a basic question. I tried pinging news.digiweb.ie and got a response. Is this a text only newsserver or does it contain binary newsgroups.

Advertisement