Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITrip?!

• 13-10-2005 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

Anyone know a good ITrip device yoke to get for my car? i cant seem the find that black tape that came with my discman(you know the one i mean) so i need to buy an iTrip.

any good models? places to buy them?

thanks ! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

They're technically illegal over here.. so you'd be looking for less reputable places (USA, eBay,etc. :p); we couldn't possibly recommend.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Carlitos

are they now? lol ok considering they give you a tape to play your discman thru i dont see why? eBay it is thanks! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Well, it's not illegal to play the music from a player on to another player. It's illegal to broadcast the signal in private/regulated spectrum (It's classed as Pirate)
    Silly law,given the range.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rickdanko

http://www.merconnet.com/product_info.php?products_id=426
    the audia-x 2
    Sent from Canada - they have a sales office in UK. I use mine daily in the car.. an excellent gadget that is powered by 1 AAA or cigarette lighter (lead included). Cost me around 40 euro incl delivery..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Carlitos wrote:
    are they now? lol ok considering they give you a tape to play your discman thru i dont see why? eBay it is thanks! :rolleyes:

I think you're talking about a different thing.
    An itrip has no tape, just a little white box on the top of your ipod. You select the station you want to play it at, and it wirelessly submits the signal to your radio. Because its playing on the airwaves, it's illegal.

The sound quality isn't the best, because of interference. I once crashed trying to fix it. The tape ones are better, more stable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Ahem.... well I have had my (Griffin) iTrip for bout 2 years. I ordered from the states, and it is fantastic, not so hot sometimes in the city tho... HOWEVER, illegal as they might be, I have seen them for sale in apple stores in Cork and Limerick. Also you can buy directly from Griffin online.
    Def buy one... its the business!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I've a Belkin Tunecast 2 and tis a good job. It lets you select any frequency you want to use which is very important as it's pretty hard to find one totally free from interferance. Twas €36 from ebay IIRC. Comes with a lighter adapter as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

It lets you select any frequency you want to use which is very important as it's pretty hard to find one totally free from interferance.

So does the Griffin iTrip... last shop I saw it in was for €20. Nice neat little jobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

I bought one of the really cheap ones on eBay less than €10 delivered. I wasnt expecting much but ive been pleasently suprised, quality is fine. You will hit pockets of interference but i dont think even the more expensive ones can do anything about that. Also the range is impressive, i left it on by mistake one day in my car and i picked it up on the radio in my house.

Jules

• Advertisement
Advertisement