Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick driving licence question

Options
  • 13-10-2005 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭

I have a feeling a lot of people ignore the sticky on this so I'll ask it here too;

Quick question,
    Anybody know if I pass the test in category EC (articulated truck), will I be automatically entitled to EB (car and trailer over 750kg)?

Cheers all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I would be 99% sure that you do get EB automatically with EC because the artic licence effectively supercedes the EB licence. It's a bit like how you get C1 automatically when you pass your C test.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

You'd certainly hope so Brian, but in this racket of a country, nothing would surprise me! I'm thinking too that because en EC licence automatically entitles EC1 driving it should cover EB also. No truckers on here at all??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,989 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The EC licence does give you an EB licence. But when I was getting my EC the person in the Tax office questioned my ticking the EB part of the form. I told them that if I was allowed to drive a truck with a trailer I should be safe with a car and trailer. To which they asked the person beside them "Is the E for a trailer"!

Advertisement