Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub equivalent to 'Porterhouse'?

Options
  • 13-10-2005 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

Is ther a pub that brews its own beer in Cork like the porterhouse?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Franciscan Well on the North Mall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭BrayHead

Ah the Porterhouse ... I grew up in that place :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Did i hear a rumour that the porterhouse is going to be opening up in Cork soon. Was in one of them in Dublin a few times, great pub, great atmosphere and great beers!!!! Asked for XXXX thinking it would be XXXX beer, they gave me XXXX stout, it was nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Yep the Fran Well is great, and once the summer season is over there are more locals in there again as opposed to tourists..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

sorry ex peoples republic citizen in Dub 7 yrs and have been indoctrinated in to their evil (but nice) drinking haunts!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Don't mind him, he never reads posts properly.

<evil grin>

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Ken Shabby wrote:
    <evil grin>

Like I said ... ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

hmm.. Fransiscan Well..nice enough beer .. full enough with tourists during the summer.. last visit there the bouncer types told one of our party that they were barrred for reasons unknown so we fecked off. Bit of a bummer seeing as we all had been meeeting up once a month for at least 6 months...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

thats lousy like. whats the long island like on Washington Street??

Trendy.

(Actually it's a nice bar with good cocktails and good staff, but I wouldn't go next to near the place at the weekend.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement