Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bungalow Attic.

Options
  • 13-10-2005 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

I was thinking of converting the attic of a small detached bungalow
    approx size (20'x35') head height in centre of attic as it is now approx 7'10''.
    How much bedroom space (s) would I get in there. Would I get shower/toilet in.
    I imagine I would have to bring the roof out at the back to get head height.

Would it be expensive to get this work done and does anybody know how expensive (approx).
    Looking forward to your views.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Is it 20' wide or 35' wide.
    The existing head height is low, but if you confirm the width, we'l draw up a section,

kadman :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭nosmo-king

Its 20'deep and 35' long.
    Tks for quick reply

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Hi,

Unless you have very deep pockets , according to your existing headheight, you are basically looking at some serious re-roofing, to come within the existing regs.

So rather than speculate on what you might be able to do, maybe you should organise a survey by a professional company, that could best advise you , relative to your current roof arrangement.

There are varying factors, cut roof or truss roof ect, that are in place at the moment, that will have a major impact on cost. Coupled with your current headheight , it may turn out to be an expensive project.

kadman :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭nosmo-king

Tks for the reply. I may have to look at building on to back or side as appropriate.
    Tks for info

Advertisement