Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's it worth now?

Options
  • 13-10-2005 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

Girl in work has a 01 Laguna (new model). 70-odd thousand miles. Driving down M9 at the weekend, the timing belt broke. They've been quoted €2.5k to repair but were thinking of changing anyway, so are wondering what the car would be worth as a damaged repairable. Any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would guess that an undamaged 01 Laguna II maybe worth about €10.5k so take away the €2.5k for the new engine and labour, I would guess that it is worth in or around €8k. Since it is close to the end of the year it could be worth less.

Just my estimate anyway, I could be way off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I seen them for nearer €9500 retail so might be staring down the barrell of €7000. Not a nice thing to happen to a car....(touches wood)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote:
    Just my estimate anyway, I could be way off though.

Difficult enough! For a nearly 5 year old Laguna that needs a new engine, I doubt one would easily shift it for more than €5k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

my m8 has a 2001 luguna 11(new shape) with 31'000 miles on it,he went to trade it in for a 2003 focus ghia in Esmondes & they offered him €6000.
    so he went out to a few more garages 4 i think & the best he was offered was €8000.they all said that because of all the Electrical problems Renaults give they would'nt touch them with a barge pole.
    so that car with timing belt gone ,id say you be lucky to get €2500 - €3000 for it.
    (my m8s car is in mint condition BTW)

Advertisement