Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aftermath of the WTC

Options
  • 15-09-2001 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

I am not trying to make a joke or nething of the terrorist attack or inconciderate to the victims but which game or computer company do yous think the mdeia and american government will blame as u know the shootings that took place in america they put the blame on quake and doom but they never blame it on some arnie or sly movie which have them kicking the cr@p out of some poor evil dude and killing like 300000000 peeps in 2 hours.I just cannot see what them utter B@st@rds have against computer games.And then the game companys has to shell out compensation because of some sick ****$.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Flight Simulator has already been blamed for training the pilots.

I look forward to the tabloids accusing Red Alert 2 for warping Bin Ladin's mind to attacking New York.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭-RaY-

yeah i heard bout that flight simulator . But how can they compare a game that is realistic to some extent to a real plane ? I still cannot see the reason why governments and parents think games are "evil" :confused: To me games are just something to relaxe u and entertains u but to them u swear it was the devils shoíte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

take from voodooextreme
    VoodooExtreme has received several reports, one from a Wal-Mart employee, that regional Wal-Mart stores have received word from their headquarters to pull all copies of Westwood's real-time strategy hit, Red Alert II, from store shelves. The reasoning behind this is that Wal-Mart figures this is a poor time to be selling and marketing a game with an opening sequence showing the destruction of New York. It is unknown what effect this will have on the pending release of the Red Alert II expansion pack, Yuri's Revenge.

taken from firing squad
    And finally, Reuters has heard from Microsoft that it will indeed be removing the World Trade Center from the New York landscape model in Flight Simulator 2002. "We did decide this morning, after some careful consideration, that we want to do the appropriate thing, the right thing, so we decided to remove the towers," company spokesman Matt Pilla said. "Obviously everyone's hearts are in this here, too. We don't want to have any imagery in there that would upset anyone," Pilla said.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah on Channel 4 news the other night a reporter demonstrated how easy it was to fly a 767 into the WTC. Because of course when you buy FS you get a whole cockpit full of buttons and controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I wonder if they'll change Project Gotham Racer and if they do wheter or not it will make the US X-Box launch...

• Advertisement
Advertisement