Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP Games Going Platinum?

• 14-10-2005 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

Clicky Here
    The new series will kick off on November 17, with four games. Sony Computer Entertainment will re-release Hot Shots Golf Portable, with Namco offering Ridge Racers and Mojipittan and Bandai offering Lumines. All these titles will be priced at 2800 yen, or about $25.

will this be a worldwide thing or just japan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TakeDown247

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Clicky Here

will this be a worldwide thing or just japan?

I reakon it will come here in the end, the best selling games normally go Platinum after a year I think they will with the PSP as well hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

I dont see it happening over here in nov it might happen next november. Psp has been out in the states and japan for alot longer and its not doing all that well against the ds in both those markets by all accounts so selling older games cheap coming up to christmas makes sense. The games on offer are new to pal countries and will retail at 30 when they do come out on platinum but I dont see that happening anytime soon.

In fact when i went into the games shops in the states I was shocked at just how strongly they where pushing the ds. Toys r us had about 8 lined up to be tried and cardboard displays all around the place but the psp just has a shelf with games and some umd movies and bits and bods. Psp imo is much better although they need to start releasing more games or the ds will really start to pull off into the distance.

Advertisement